The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #8
mclairmo

Re: Educate me on what it takes to restore to stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLChase View Post
Well, my issue is this. When I think of a 67-72 I think of the lowered,fancy paint job, big motors, roll pans and big tires and chrome rims. That's what I've always been after when wanting to purchase or thought about them. The only reason I've even considered restoring this to stock is because all of it is pretty much stock and except for the body in pretty good shape. If I did restore it to stock, I'd never drive it as I would feel like I'm taking my Mickey Mantle baseball card to batting practice with me. Also, I would be looking to sell it...but my mind has changed a bit as the first replier had stated there's not a lot of value monetarily in buying a stock truck of this year and it could easily pay out more then it's worth. So, I don't know.

There are definite things about the truck that are not my style, but then it's the whole "Wow, this is how it looked the day it left the dealership." So, I was unsure what route to take with it. I've got time on my decision but wanted to hear what went into a authentic resto.
I would restore it to stock (but do not use NOS parts) and then lower it with rims. Save the stock suspension and rims/tires so that it can be returned to stock if you want. Don't do any permanent mods and keep everything else bone stock. Stock trucks that are lowered with sweet rims are very popular now and will always be in style.

Last edited by mclairmo; 08-06-2009 at 06:50 PM.
mclairmo is offline   Reply With Quote