The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #26
fryco

Re: 76cc sbc head

Quote:
Originally Posted by turp mcspray View Post
You MUST have missed something. Nowadays their running single digits on pump gas! LOL!
Nope, didn't miss a thing. i personally don't think pump gas friendly cams and compression (factory heads) have any business being on a "Racing and Hi-Performance" page.... just me, i mean no offense to the people that wrote in...

however, if somebody has a truck that run 9s & 10s on pump gas and camel humps, show me!! I'm all for it!!!

p.s. the prices were for race fuels
fryco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #27
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryco View Post
Nope, didn't miss a thing. i personally don't think pump gas friendly cams and compression (factory heads) have any business being on a "Racing and Hi-Performance" page.... just me, i mean no offense to the people that wrote in...

however, if somebody has a truck that run 9s & 10s on pump gas and camel humps, show me!! I'm all for it!!!

p.s. the prices were for race fuels
Since I was trying to add 'performance' to my trucks sbc, I'm in the right section. If you don't like the topic, hit the 'back' button & don't respond.

I was looking for a high (decent) flowing aftermarket head in a 76cc chamber to use on an existing 'mild' 408. Where better then to ask guys that hit the track alot about 'what's new' in affordable head technology. If you purchase stuff w/o getting real world info, you're making an uneducated choice & could wind up doing things twice.

I decided to stick w/my AFR's BTW .
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #28
turp mcspray

My buddy is a Pontiac freak. His 69 GTO has a 455 with 11.5 compression and a solid roller with 275 duration at .050 cam. It dynod at 600 plus horse power. Does it make it LOW performance since he runs pump gas and factory heads? Just curious. I guess we need a definition of high performance. As far as racing goes, people have raced STOCK engines since engines were made!
IMO if you don't have something positive to add...then keep your mouth shut. And I also mean no offense to anyone.
My Blazer build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342299
turp mcspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #29
Rodms

I'd like to hear how this turns out!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #30
68 C-10 KID
Mean Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
210's are too much.

I'm looking for something that builds torque on 'true' pump gas motor (or.... a smaller runner size that still flows). I have a set of AFR-190 streets but the chambers are 68cc which is too small for pump gas & torquem on a flat-top 400 based engine. I've been looking @ the AFR-Eliminator 195's in a 75cc chamber but was curious if anything else was available that I might not know about.....
I have a flat top 406 decked with the AFR 227's
W/ the aluminum head you thermally run a point cooler. And alloys you to run pump gas. I drive mine miles on street w/ pump gas.

That's my 2 cent, Look up All Pro they have a nice piece.
68 C-10 KID is offline   Reply With Quote