The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2009, 05:07 AM   #1
quickchevy

Check Out These Original Trucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-...item3a541a9fc9
quickchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:07 AM   #2
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Re: Check Out These Original Trucks

holy crap. Nice

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
LILRED66
Account Suspended

First, thanks for sharing. That truck, as well as, the yellow one and the turquoise one were on eBay earlier this year.

Just a side note, when I hear "restored to exact GM specifications", I begin looking very closely at the details. In this situation, I see the paint overspray on the exhaust manifolds and the heater hoses, as well as, the clear finish on the bed wood, along with the shiny wear strips. None of which are factory specifications. Also, the background of the grille support is supposed to be black, not the body color, even on the single-tone paint scheme.

Nice, to say the least, but not to exact GM specifications. Also, if I am going to pay $13K-$14K for a restored truck on eBay, I need to see more than four photos.

Last edited by LILRED66; 10-25-2009 at 09:55 AM.
LILRED66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILRED66 View Post
First, thanks for sharing. That truck, as well as, the yellow one and the turquoise one were on eBay earlier this year.

Just a side note, when I hear "restored to exact GM specifications", I begin looking very closely at the details. In this situation, I see the paint overspray on the exhaust manifolds and the heater hoses, as well as, the clear finish on the bed wood, along with the shiny wear strips. None of which are factory specifications. Also, the background of the grille support is supposed to be black, not the body color, even on the single-tone paint scheme.

Nice, to say the least, but not to exact GM specifications. Also, if I am going to pay $13K-$14K for a restored truck on eBay, I need to see more than four photos.
I agree. They are nice trucks and I would not mind owning one. but the "exact GM specifications" thing should be dropped.I looked at all the other adds to. If all these flaws show up in the pics just think if you saw them in person. At least the BIN price is not too inflated. Kind of high but heck everything is high now look what people as for trucks in far worse condition. If you don't have the time or tools etc. they would be a nice truck for someone. I would want to see the build pictures at least before buying.
Personally I would not buy any vehicle in Ebay w/o seeing it in person. I would rather lose the Airfare then the purchase price.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
JRBECK64

Holy Crap, who slipped a FURD in there!!!

JRBECK64
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
quickchevy

I agree to.
quickchevy is offline   Reply With Quote