The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

3-point seat belts?

Anybody bought 3-point seatbelts from this site?

http://www.soundmove.com/more_accessories.htm

If so, do they bolt right in? I have seen some mention getting seatbelt extensions after installing 3-points? Do they not make them long enough?

Thanks

dan.brue@us.army.mil
4tiresngas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
geezer#99

Re: 3-point seat belts?

I bought some from LMC for my 67 gmc. They were about 50 bucks less than the ones listed. Bolted in. Had to drill one extra hole but no problem. No extensions needed. Fit me great and I'm 6' 4" and 280 lbs.
geezer#99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
cdowns

the deal is that they are basic unifit belts designed for seats that are much lower and the truck seats are so high that the extensions might b required ffor ease of use by getting the clip end out onto the seat
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
Sinister
Between Trucks...

I've got a set from Classic Parts with aircraft buckles. Length is good with the seat all the way back. Had to take a dremel to them a little to get to them work with the factory bolts in the floor.
If you needed to move the seat forward, might need extensions for the buckle side.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

Yeah, I have to have the seat a little forward. I'm only 5'6". I might just go with LMC. They are local. I really liked the idea of having the GM or Chevy logo on the buckle, though.

dan.brue@us.army.mil
Old 11-08-2009, 03:21 AM   #6
unclewatts
70 Chevrolet=Obsession

I bought mine from Classic parts and I experienced a problem that no one has ever mentioned. The belt retractor mechanism is too big to fit between the seat and the door. I used the original hole in the floor to mount it and I have to twist it diagonal to even get the door to close. My other complaint is that the receiver side of the belt that goes in the center of the seat is so short that it makes it difficult to latch the belt. I have my seat pushed all the way back too. It's a real PITA to use these belts every time I want to drive my truck. The whole problem would have gone away if the manufacturer of these belts wasn't so ******* stingy with the webbing. I do understand these belts are for general purpose but I bought them out of a catalog that says 67-72 Chevrolet and GMC trucks! Let the buyer beware. OK, I'm done with my tirade... God bless our trucks!

I'm Just like my truck. Old, Ugly and Grouchy. Except my truck starts easily in the morning and doesn't smoke!

IT'S NOT EASY BEING GREEN! -Kermit the frog

1970 Chevrolet C-10 Longbed Stepside :
350, Muncie M20, 3.08 GM corp. positraction Forest green exterior/light green interior(Where all my money goes)

1996 Toyota Corolla (Parts runner)
unclewatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
geezer#99

The instructions in my kit from LMC said not to use the original hole to attach both the retractor and the bottom belt at the same place. I drilled a new hole beside the seat mount to install the retractor and it works great. Centre seat belt buckle sticks out 5-6 inches from the seat back when the seat is all the way back.
geezer#99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
Mordachai
Fat Fendered Fleetside

I got the aircraft style latch version from classic parts too,but it was a universal kit - not one for 67-72 gmc trucks. came with an assortment of brackets for the top, and big under floor plates/washers for mounting to prevent any cookie cutting of the floor. The retractor fit in there well, but I did end up needing to use extenders for the buckle. they did fit through with the seat all the way back, but as uncle watts said, they would have been a pita to use. with the 6" extenders they fit just right.

When I put mine in, I also put one of the lap belts in the middle, in case I ever needed to have 2 passengers instead of 1.

I can't comment about soundmove's belts though...

radiused fiberglass fender project for 67-72

Last edited by Mordachai; 11-08-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Mordachai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
ShortStepper

We bought our 68 and it didn't have any seatbelts in it. As it was for my son to drive we installed a 3 point seatbelt set up right away. We went down to the local Chevrolet dealer and worked with the parts manager until we found a set that fit the truck. The only problem that we had was finding a shoulder bolt to fit the pre drilled hole in the cab corner that had the right shoulder height. They are still in the truck and that was 15 year ago.

I don't remember what we paid for them, but I thought that it was reasonable at the time. But, when your child is the driver, money is not the most important item.
ShortStepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #10
msgross

ShortStepper,
more important was what year truck did you find that fit nicely?

I have a set of S-10 belts that I haven't tried yet.
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #11
ShortStepper

I wish that I could remember. We bought the truck in early 95 and I think that he told me that they were for a Suburban. The only thing for sure is that it was earlier than 95.

They bolted up to the floor in the provided holes with out any modification, and the mounts do not hit the doors.

They are off the truck right now as i am relocating the gas tank. The only part number I see on them is E11349. Don't know if that is a good number or is only for the housing. Hope this helps.
ShortStepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #12
howard_m18

I got mine from = www.seatbeltpro.com & they fit very nice. $145, But I got the bolt set with them. No problems with the install. Howard
Old 11-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #13
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

Now I really don't know which ones to get. Has anybody used the ones from Early Classic Enterprises?

dan.brue@us.army.mil
Old 11-12-2009, 01:30 AM   #14
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Got mine from LMC and they bolted in with no problems. My only complaint is that they're really touchy when you try to pull the belt out for a quick buckle up. Any quick movements and it wants to lock up on ya. So just pull it out nice and slow and you're good to go!
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:25 AM   #15
rennalds

anyone use morris classic concepts? ordered some from summit last week hope i dont run into any problems
rennalds is offline   Reply With Quote