The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
JimmyFloyd

1970 GMC Suburban 3/4 Ton 4x4 For parts/restore

Ok, i am looking to sell or part this truck. I have begun parting it out some, but would offer it up for sale to someone if they want it. I will offer it in a couple configurations, so read up. Will consider requests for parts, but selling whole takes precidence.

Ok, before I list the configurations for sale, I will say that I am keeping the front end (fenders, hood, bumpers and brackets, core support, grill, inner fenders, headlight harness, and other misc parts.) I will also be keeping the rear bumper and brackets, gas tank, and aux gas tank, Power steering setup, dual battery switch, hitch and bell.

Also, this truck has a good title, but is titles as a 73, not a 70. Not sure how hard this is to correct, but the VIN matches the body and glove box, and it decodes to the proper 1970 year.

Rust. The body has rust in the quarters, bottoms of the cargo doors, upper roof around the doors and windshield, and the normal rockers and floors. The passenger side and rear seat center floor sections look to be in good shape, driver's is more rotted. There was some bondo used previously, so I can't say whether the rear wheel wells are actually good, or not. Bottoms of the front doors and third are fairly solid, and may just be surface rusted. Rear inner wheel wells, and spare tire well are rust free.

Ok, configuration #1: Mostly complete. This would include the Motor, trans, transfer case, and HO52 rear with NoSpin. 350 motor, TH400 trans, NP205 from what I can tell. It will include the title, glove box, original cluster, all doors and glass, and the front seat. Include the aftermarket air with rear air, although I have started removing it, so new hoses would be needed. The Interior carpet in the rear and the hold downs are all there. There are a couple brackets missing off the rear doors. All interior wiring and engine wiring will be left.

I have never had the motor/trans running. The previous owner said it was running a couple years ago when he got it, but had not run it himself. Tranny does shift to and from park fine for rolling it. No issues there. Motor/trans/transfer case may be original to the truck, as they are what it is called out for having. I have not checked the numbers because I have to remove the AC compressor and brackets. I did drain the coolent and it was nice and bright and green, and the transmission fluid when i remove the External trans cooler was nice and bright and red, so I have a feeling that they should both be decent. All suspension components are good.

I am asking $1200/bo for this configuration.

2nd Configuration. Frame, suspension and body. This would include the title, Glove box door, body, frame, front suspension and rear suspension. Cluster, Motor, Trans, and Transfer Case would not be included. The rest of the stuff will be included. $750

3rd configuration: Same as the second, just without the No Spin rear. Must provide your own rear to make it a roller and help switch them. $450.

Last Configuration. Body cuts, title, and glove box. This you would have to come and cut out whatever parts you want. Would need to be done by thanksgiving. I will take care of the frame and rest of the body. AC parts not included. No frame or suspension. $300

It must be picked up in 13901 or 13790 (depending on where I have it stored at the time.

I am Open to ALL offers, as well as offers on the parts. I have a couple people interested in the rear, and some interested in the doors. I NEED to have this gone by the end of the month, but might be able to keep it a little longer if someone is interested in the first 2 options. Also, I will be pulling parts off as I go, cause I need to get it out of my parents back yard (starting to sink into the ground) so let me know.

Pictures of the truck when I bought it and at varying states are here:

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/k...ent=70suburban

and

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/k...82/70Suburban/

I do not have the 2nd seat, interior side panels, some rear door brackets, or any of the headliner supports.

Last edited by JimmyFloyd; 11-17-2009 at 10:49 AM.
JimmyFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote