The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #76
GOPAPA

Re: What has kept you focused on restoring your Classic Truck?

As for motavation I compare more like Panel Deland..I have to much other distractions also. Yes, ,going to shows helps but my summers lately have been taken up by traveling to the kids and yard and wood getting ..thats some of my excuses but right now I need help with gas lines and transmission lines run and I know of no one close by that really knows his sh** on doing this to help me out ..

I would prefer a person who could use some extra money to do this with me and also who owns one of our trucks and has refurbashed his own ,,that would sure get my focus agoin ..LOL

Hate to say this ,,but sometimes I don't even like the truck in the shop because it is in my road to do anything else ,,sooooooooo forgive me 67-72 Chevy Trucks God as I have lost my focus and I guess this is why I just said what I did ..my bad!

Great question 70 cst GP

Last edited by GOPAPA; 11-24-2009 at 07:21 PM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #77
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

what keep me motivated...ummmm I drive it everyday so I need to keep it up and running..the nice thing is the stuff thats not finished fits right into the Rat Rod look...lmao..if people that comented on it saw that I still use it like a truck thn go the local show they would be nuts.....

[QUOTE=capev86;3633233] it needs to be pretty much finished by next spring because thats when i go pick up the family camper (71 holiday trav'ler 23 footer) at my grandmother's house two hours north of here. need to get the burb finished so i can work on the camper because both are headed for north/western mass for the northeast chapter chevy/gmc truck (and vintage camper) gathering in august. QUOTE]

hey CapeV could you Pm me some info on the NW mass northeast truck show? I would love to go there are a few of us that would love to go
thanx
Jeff

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #78
68_Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fabris View Post
What really helped me to make progress was to break down each little task onto a huge whiteboard in my garage.
What a good idea. Left to my own devices I will have too many irons in the fire... I think a big whiteboard is in my future!
68_Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #79
lt704

What keeps me going is that evean a small task to improve my truck one step at a time keeps me motivated. Another one is going through the posts from members, wow what a great amount of knowledge from you floks
lt704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #80
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt704 View Post
What keeps me going is that evean a small task to improve my truck one step at a time keeps me motivated. Another one is going through the posts from members, wow what a great amount of knowledge from you floks
We do have some real smart floks around here. Even some dumb floks too.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #81
trukindud

well when i stared mine it was in my dads garage much nicer than mine when ever i started draging he keeped me going now its in mine and cold out side i find it much harder but pulling it in and out keeps me chuging along
Old 11-25-2009, 12:30 AM   #82
LongSixEight

I just read this post and thought about it for a while. There are numurous reasons to stay motivated. One is simply the pride in building something with your own hands. Half of the people out there look at them as just another old truck. But its the simple conversation at a quick shop or gas station with a complete stranger over how much a truck is lowered or how good it sounds is enough motivation for me to keep going. Also took my 5yr old daughter with me to the drags for the first time this summer. Hell, I got a little tear in my eye after doing my burnout and seeing her on the side so excited for dad. Thats all I need to keep goin.
LongSixEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:57 AM   #83
clay68c10

Thinking about the feel of that skinny-rimmed steering wheel in my hands and how the hood rib looks going down the road.
It also keeps me sane after working on high dollar Euro-trash all day, trying to beat the clock and make money. If it takes me a week to bend up 2 brake lines on my rear end housing who cares. I know it's done the way I want it.
I like how these trucks were designed by normal folks. Not some cost-analysis engineer trying to save a buck and still charge more.
05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. 3” lift & 6-speed
02 E320 the insurance total “free car”
13 Tahoe LTZ

Last edited by clay68c10; 11-25-2009 at 01:01 AM.
clay68c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:17 AM   #84
69chevy1

in my case its a 54 Bel air i'm restoring also its hard trying to juggle to projects at one time
69chevy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:29 AM   #85
oldiron
Designated Grumpy Old Man

My motovation is SNOW!! I need the 71 4x4 ready for this years snow. It went into the body shop on Sept 1st and is now home getting some loose ends taken care of like oil pressure guage hooked up and floor insulation installed.
oldiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:54 AM   #86
sick69

Honostly,,,,the bragging right to say "I didn't buy it this way, I BUILT EVERY DETAIL INTO IT" Its what I think GM should have done with it in the first place.

Besides its a good place to hide from the soon to be exwife and spend time with my 2 sons.

Frank
sick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #87
BluTrukker
BOHICA

Well I guess like everyone, money is a huge factor. Thats why I spend so much time refurbishing old or free parts. Home improvement, work, and family commitments are always in the way. I helped my Father-in-law freshen up his 68 camaro SS a couple years back. We had a standing monday night "date" as my wife called it. One night a week to drink a couple beers and work on a hot rod. Now my truck needs the work, so I am going to try and get the "date" night set up again to force me to do the things that need to be done to this truck before next spring! Thats the key for me is to have a structured time set aside just for the truck. Plus the wife knows that Monday nights are for the truck and nothing else!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #88
Ackattack

I can't really say what keeps me motivated....it might be everything else that keeps me from working on it more. Other people's build threads have definatly helped though.

I got my 68 ~2-1/2 years ago and have never driven it. I sold my 72 GMC to pay for part of it, so I really miss driving an old truck (now I have a 69 GMC too, but its a beater).

Over the time I've been working on the 68 I've had lots of "distractions" like having a kid and working on the house, so between lack of time and lack of money it's been slow going.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #89
butternut1972

What a great thread to read, hearing everyones reasons for keeping thier trucks. Hopefully we can all pass on the love of old trucks and cars to our sons/daughters. i would much rather see old trucks on the road than the new ones. i hope all of you have a happy thanksgiving.
butternut1972 is offline   Reply With Quote