The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
Jemo

New member from DFW area

Hello,

I bought a '59 Apache Fleetside very recently and have just started working on it. This is my second restoration so I'm still a little new at this but like it very much. About four years ago, I bought a '56 sedan.

I learned a bunch but it seemed like that car was never going to be finished. It still isn't but it's real close and turned out pretty nice.

I guess it turned out well enough for me to buy another project. I really like the '55-'57 trucks but wanted a fleetside so I started looking for a '58 or '59 and found one pretty quickly in Sherman. It appeared pretty solid from what my untrained eye could see.

I'm not crazy about the small back window but I don't see many donor cabs out there for the big window so I'll probably just keep it. The rear light on the cab will also be taken off. Last weekend I got the bed and front sheetmetal sandblasted. The front end is pretty good and doesn't need much work but the sandblasting removed large pieces of bondo covering up a poor job of bodywork on one of the bed sides. It's going to take some work.

Now I'm left with the cab on the frame which I plan to take apart this weekend.

I'm glad I found this forum and will have lots of questions. If there are any members on the north part of Dallas (Denton County), it would be great to meet you.

Thanks,
Jeff
Jemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:11 AM   #2
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: New member from DFW area

Jeff, welcome to the board! You have a very nice 56, sweet job on it! Your 59 also looks really clean for it's age. Nice find!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Re: New member from DFW area

Welcome to the board Jeff.
If that's you standing next to your car, you're getting an early start.
Always nice to have another 47-59 guy here.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote