The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
LILREDGMC

GMC Rolling Chassis - New Mexico in PA

Got a 1/2 ton 2wd SBC/auto setup, rolling chassis minor surface on control arms, rest is very clean. Need to sell it or it will head to the crusher. Came from NM, here in PA, pressure washed and added a little black paint in spots to see how decent it could look. Pics on request. Has open rear, will throw in twin tanks, presently inside shop. Pics previously posted on site, or will send to email address if interested. $300 1983

LILREDGMC

If no one is interested I will part out what you might want.

Thanks
LILREDGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: GMC Rolling Chassis - New Mexico in PA

when you say SBC i assume you mean Small Block Chevy ( motor ) is the chassis for a long or short bed truck?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
FBPBchevytrucks

Is this a short wheel base? Can you post some pictures? You are in the Pittsburgh area?

Thanks.
FBPBchevytrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
LILREDGMC

Old Rusty

It is a long wheel base and had a small block 305 automatic.

FBPB

Wish it were short it could have been gone a long time ago. I posted pics on this site about 1 year and 1/2 ago. I have pics on my desktop I can forward, but I won't be at the house until Friday. If your interested in a pic I will forward on Friday.

LILREDGMC
Old 12-02-2009, 01:00 AM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

please post pics, preferably current ones.... no chance you would consider delivery to Deposit NY would you?

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
LILREDGMC

OLD RUSTY C10

My neice lives in Rochester, and I visit Danville on occasion to the local power plant, so I won't say I can't or won't consider helping you get it up the road.

I can post pics possibly on Friday, but then I head back out to Oregon for work, not to return until the next Saturday. I will do what time permits.

LILREDGMC
Old 12-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #7
LILREDGMC

PICS of the Rolling Chassis from Today

Front frame horn was scrubbed with a scotch brite and shot with black single stage urethane.

Last crossmember had a chain on it somewhere as it is bent.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
sewanhaka62

hi - is front end complete and does it have disc brakes -- also is rear 12 bolt and do you know what gears -- 5 lug wheels -- thanks bob [berwick,pa]
sewanhaka62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #9
LILREDGMC

It is a disc brake setup.

Not sure on gears but showed a 700r4 trans with a 305, so suspect it could be a 373, memory serves its an open rear. Rear is 10 bolt I believe but I'll look at pics and see.

LILREDGMC
Old 12-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
FBPBchevytrucks

Thanks for posting the pictures. would you take $250?
FBPBchevytrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #11
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

give me an idea what you would want to get it to me and ill see if i can swing it
i am looking to get to deposit NY which is basically near I 81 or 26 miles east of binghamton

I hate cancer!!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #12
LILREDGMC

Sorry Gentlemen - I didn't fall off the face of the earth, the maintenance project at a paper mill took me to the left coast, and with 12-16 hour days not much time except for essentials. Now home and after a short regroup we will continue.
Thanks
LILREDGMC
Old 12-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #13
LILREDGMC

old Rusty C10 - Probably best for you to call me to discuss. I won't say no to trying to get it to you, but it's time and expense, and that can kill many deals on this site. I have a customer near Danville PA, but probably won't see him until April 2010, my niece is in Rochester NY, a possible visit. Do you have any means to tow or trailer from some meeting place or ? You can call me at 412-795-7383 at the house and we can figure something out. If we wait until April, my schedule gets a bit tight, and the frame will be exposed until then. Give it some thought, give me a call, we'll see what can happen.

FBPB - I'm on the east side of Pittsburgh, you could come look if you choose in the meantime.

sewanhaka62 - 10 bolt believe to be open, not sure on ratio can check, yes discs, the whole frame is complete less tanks, still has original exhaust, and cat shield. PS pump and box are plugged from weather, and yes its a five lug axle on all corners.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #14
LILREDGMC

FBPB - sorry didn't check your address, your also in NY.

LILREDGMC
Old 12-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #15
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

the only thing i have is a cheap tow bar from Harbor Freight to tow with.. right now i have another pick up (F150) to be a tow vehicle but its for sale, and im not sure what im going to replace it with if anything..
Also my wife's cancer has made a return and she is going to undergo chemo again so im not sure what is going to happen over the next couple of months.. If the other guys want it first with cash gets it..Im still interested butI have to care for the wife first and the truck can wait.
Keep me updated
Bob

I hate cancer!!
Old 12-27-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
racerface

1. Do you still have the frame?
2. I have family in Greensburg PA.
how far are you from there?
3. If you can not find buyer I'll take it before you scrap it. I'd buy it but I'm not working and all projects are on hold but, the wife said I can get it if no money is involved (something about wanting to eat?)
racerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #17
racerface

If no one has bought the frame, I still would like to come and get it before you scrap it.
racerface is offline   Reply With Quote