The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
NC67Chev

Question Power steering filter, fluid, torque specs, 250 power steering lines

I finally got around to mounting the power steering box on my 67 this weekend, so all I need to do is torque everything up, purge and go for a spin. However before I do, I was curious if anybody has installed a filter in the return line? Also, what fluid do you recommend? I'm assuming the following torque specs: Steering gear mounting bolts 65 ft/lbs, sector nut 140 ft/lbs and pitman castle nut 60 ft/lbs. Does this sound correct? Finally, I'm curious if somebody can tell me how the power steering lines are supposed to run under the inner fender. The way my lines want to run is toward the radiator, back up along the frame and up to the pump. Does this sound correct? It appears that I might have to trim a little off of the lip of the inner fender in order to prevent a rub. I can't wait to take her for a spin.

Thanks to anybody that can help!

Upgrades: Power steering, Offset air cleaner, Rear Sport bumper, 3 point safety belts, HEI, -1/-2 springs, 16x5 wheels, McGaughy's disc brake conversion, Sway bar
NC67Chev is offline   Reply With Quote