The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2003, 11:58 PM   #1
mattyj

what kind of bucket seats should I buy? And why?

Ok here is one for all of you,

i want to put bucket seats in my truck, a guy at work put buckets in his and i was not impressed with the quality. he does have a bad tendency to buy hot parts so I stay away from him!

But I'm looking for a good set of seats that have the middle consloe that turns into a seat. My poor old 22year old bench is finally starting to kick the bucket, i just love the feel of bucket seats and I think it adds a lot the interior look of a truck!

Can anyone help me?

Matty
Old 04-30-2003, 09:20 AM   #2
bpmcgee

Matty,

I BELIEVE that Chevy actually made buckets with an accessory seat like this for your generation of truck. Swapping should be a breeze as long as you get the brackets that go with it.

Brian
bpmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 09:29 AM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

alot of the custom shops sell aftermarket seatslike that but they arekind cost prohibitive you could also try putting in the seats outta a late model ram truck or a silverado both are real comfortable and mount in wihtout too much problem

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 01:02 PM   #4
PHOENIX

Here are my (2) top choices for seats.

Find more here. This company doesnt have a good rep.
Seats

These have built in seat belts, out of 2001 Tahoe.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:42 PM   #5
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

nice seats man...good price to
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 12:43 PM   #6
PHOENIX

Just so you know. Salesco does NOT have a good rep.
You can ask Swervin Ervin about them. He got his seats but they delayed the order and he didn’t get them when promised. Then when he called they gave him the run around.
He was happy with the seats themselves, but stated that he wouldn’t use them again.

I also heard from another member that they got their seats in no problem as far as quality, buy they also took longer then promised. Just be careful if you deal with them. Use a credit card to be on the safe side.

They are nice looking seats for a fair price, kind of hard to pass up.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:20 PM   #7
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Tis true.

I have no problem with the seats, at all. The service sucked big time though. It was the kind of nightmare we all have about ordering over the net. I have never been told so many lies in my life. Finally, after many, many, calls, I talked to a lady at Salesco who was a higher up sales tech. She contacted the company who actually built the seats for them and told them to send me my seats. It worked.

As a note, it took me 7 weeks to get my seats. When I first ordered them, the guy at Salesco told me 10-14 days. Yeah right.

And no, I wouldn't buy from them again, no matter what they told me. I think I can find somewhere else who might possibly give me better service. Although after saying all this, it really wasn't Salesco's fault, in a way. It was the company who actually built them. This company was covered up with orders, mostly from Salesco. I guess they were doing the best they could to get them all built. It was the lies I was told by them, the seat builder, not Salesco, that really pissed me off. After calling Salesco so many times, they gave me the number of the seat builder so I could contact them myself.

The way I look at it is this. If you can't get them built in a specified time, tell me. Hell, I can take someone telling me hey, we are doing the best we can. The way it looks now, your seats will be shipped in 4 weeks. Not, yes, we are sending them out tomorrow, knowing they wouldn't be. I wouldn't like it either way, but at least I would know maybe they were telling me the truth.

I absolutely hate liers. Worst form of life on the planet as far as I'm concerned.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 04:24 PM   #8
ToonMan

I used late 80's Plymouth Laser buckets in my 56. They are really comfy!! I mounted them on a Van swivel base, and they work great!

56 Chevy Cameo----Custom, [Turquoise]
67 Chevy C10 Short Fleetside (Black & White)
63 Trailorboat-------Teardrop Style Trailer
69 Honda CM90
ToonMan is offline   Reply With Quote