The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
frkennyg

1957 Chev

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Last edited by 63 & 64 Bowties; 03-03-2010 at 11:01 AM.
frkennyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
kalirodding
CLASSIX Truck Club

Re: 1957 Chev

Thats a tuff one. I see a lot of people talking about prices around the boards, but I think it varys from state to state.
kalirodding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
blackdiesel

Well, alot of us would like to tell you what we think it's worth, but it is against site rules to ask a WIW from a non paying site user. sorry
As always a basic membership on the forum comes with no charge. You may post a reply in any of the Classified Forums. You will not have the ability to offer items "For Sale", "For Trade", or make a "Wanted to Buy" or "What's it Worth" post.
'57 2wd change
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...light=speedway

Last edited by blackdiesel; 03-03-2010 at 12:29 AM.
blackdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
frkennyg

Ok,sorry about that. Did not know the rule. I'm just sitting on the fence, I reworked my 57 from the frame up 20 years ago. Now i don't know if I'm up for another frame off resto. My next question would be that I really like the info on this forum and would like to be a part of it. How do I do that?

If I go and do another complete resto I'd love to get a line on original front end parts and steering components. Probably needing a lot more than that.......

Thanks for the information and look forward to being a part of this group.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
blackdiesel

Welcome, as a regular user you can ask all the questions that you want. Just not "whats it worth". So IMO, the only one that can anwser your question is you. If you don't like driving your truck the way it is, then make it to where you do like it. There are several vendors that sell all the OEM type parts you need to build it back to stock. Like you say a frame off restoration is quite the under taking and pricey, you just need to look down deep and see if thats what you really want. If you don't drive it as is, and don't want to put 10-20k in it, then you would be money ahead to give it away than start on it and never finsh it. NOW if it were mine I would put a mustang 2 frontend under it a ls1 and a 4l60e with all the comforts of a late model in it and make it to where I would want to drive it every where. I like working on old cars & trucks and don't farm out anything.
'57 2wd change
Old 03-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
frkennyg

Thanks blackdiesel for the comments. I am presently getting my paypal activated and to the administration I am going to subscribe. I chopped and lowered a 50 GMC with all the nova suspension under it so I hope not to put too much into it. I really want to get this truck back to a daily driver so sell it and rue it for the rest of my life. lol I too like to do all the work myself and enjoy going thru the boneyards. I really am interested in making the steering safe and functional. Once again good to talk with you!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
blackdiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by frkennyg View Post
Thanks blackdiesel for the comments. I am presently getting my paypal activated and to the administration I am going to subscribe. I chopped and lowered a 50 GMC with all the nova suspension under it so I hope not to put too much into it. I really want to get this truck back to a daily driver so sell it and rue it for the rest of my life. lol I too like to do all the work myself and enjoy going thru the boneyards. I really am interested in making the steering safe and functional. Once again good to talk with you!
yessir, keep us posted
'57 2wd change