The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
NONHOG

Re: Bunch of questions (AD panel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
I don't think there is room under and AD truck or Panel to stick one of those tanks. Before you go and spend money on a new tank like that I'd suggest seeing if you can find a used one off a mid 70's truck that you can beg, borrow or buy real cheap to use to figure out how to mount the tank and if it will fit. I think I got rid of all of those I had years ago during a move. They are also either a left tank or a right tank or at least the original ones are.

I've got a 17 Gal 79 Blazer tank that I think I am going to replace the 20 gallon aluminum tank as I think it will hang down about three or four inches less than the tank I have now. That has to go behind the axle though.
Good point 80$ is cheap but worthless if it wont fit. Heck I need to drop mine and see maybe its decent. Having gone through the acid wash cleaning and using a POR15 gas tank kit. I'd prefer to spend money on new.
The quotes Iv'e gotten to redo by radiator shops is over $200 no thanks!