The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #19
Ticker
Account Suspended

Re: Why are my Rocker Arms Breaking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72stepside4WD View Post
If I do everything above, my only concern would be that it ends up being a band-aid for a bigger problem. What are the chances there is a bigger problem, and is my only other option tearing the engine apart? Should I just see if this solves the problem?

I really appreciate everyones input!!
Well, there are a couple of pieces here. If the rebuilder screwed up something so simple, then you have to wonder about the rest of the engine But the only fix for this would be to tear the thing down...and that's certainly not free. So for the shortblock you have to decide how confident you are. Nobody can give you that answer you could always at least just pull the heads to have a look....but honestly it wouldn't tell you much.

For the rocker breaking, you're going to check everything...so at least on the valvetrain geometry you'll be sure that it's right and you won't break anything else there.

If it was me, I would probably roll the dice on the shortblock and square away the rockers. Do not use this to kick my a$$ later if the thing goes up
Ticker is offline   Reply With Quote