The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Robert Paul Thomas
1967 C-10 SWB LS-6 T-56

vintage Air

Installing a vintage air kit in my 67. Not sure where to drill the hole for the coolant tubes passing through the rad support. There a dimple on both the front and the back of the support, and it looks like this will line up with the tubes provided, but I wanted to check first before I put a hole in my NOS support, ....am I correct?
Robert Paul Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
lownbad71

Re: vintage Air

Take a look at Sactojim thread. I think he showed the holes and locations...
lownbad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
Sinister
Between Trucks...

67ChevyRedneck had a good write up on his Vintage Air install: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=249479
Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
Robert Paul Thomas
1967 C-10 SWB LS-6 T-56

thanks guys for your help,...much appreciated!!
Robert Paul Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #5
grs

I installed Vintage air in my 69. I also installed vintage air in a 1950 Merc, a 66 Chevy truck, and a 1956 Chevy BelAir. The 1969 Chevy truck was the worst one to install. Vintage Air told me there was a template for the hole that had to be drilled in the radiator support. Well they don't have a template. There where no dimples in the support. I was so upset I left it in the box for 2 weeks before I started to install it. I had to lay the condenser on a big cardboard box. Installed the dryer.( It did not mount in the holes they said would). Connected the lines to the condenser, and dryer. Installed the grommet to the lines. Lined up the lines so they looked like they would go through the radiator support in a straight line. Then, I think, I measured up from the bottom of the bracket that is bolted to the condenser, that the dryer is bolted to. Measure up to the center of the grommet. Took a good guess. Then I marked a spot on the dryer bracket, and measured across to the center of the grommet. Another good guess.
Next I had to take the lines off the dryer, and install the condenser on the radiator support. It would not go on the way it was supposed to. I had to make my own top brackets. Then I measured up and over from my points on the dryer bracket. Found the center point to drill the hole.
All this was guess work. I drilled the hole. Well God helped me , because it was in the perfect position.
It took me about 12 hours to do this. I may have left a point out , but this is something to go by. Take your time. If this confuses you then just ignore it. I think I confused myself. LOL Drill the hole a little smaller then what they say. If you drill the hole the size they say to, the drill bit may wobble and cause the hole to be bigger. If it is to small you can always file it bigger.

Last edited by grs; 03-20-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: more info
grs is offline   Reply With Quote