The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
Devillusion

Project: Crew'd Attitude

Well, finally today I said "F-it". Made time out of my schedule to go and pick up my dually that should have been home months ago now.

1989 Chevrolet Crewcab dually
2wd, 350 TBI, 4 spd standard
4.11 gears and 167,000km

Truck was originally bought by CP Rail and used by an elderly man who was a forman at the time and just used it as a run around truck and so forth. Baby'd it from what I am told. It then was purchased by a local potatoe farming company and fitted with a service deck. It spent the rest of ít's life running to the field, and a bit of hiway usage, hence the original body condition/panels. Was originally an orange color (cp rail), but got a fresh coat of white when it was last purchased. Know the guys that did the servicing on it regularly and was well taken car of...or as well as a work truck can be anyways.
Got a new long block 2 years ago, and dropped a gear out of the original 5 spd. A donor truck they had in the yard gave up the 4 spd currently in it. Will be changed back but for now it's all good.
My buddy had given me a heads up that they were retiring it around a year or so ago now...maybe longer. So I said I was interested, and 2 months ago he called me up asking if I still wanted it....."hell yeah" I said, "how much". Informed me that his boss told him to offer it to me for $1200.00 cash...............needless to say, as of today she is at her new permanant home.

Devillusion is offline   Reply With Quote