The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
WILE E

Re: big block 4x4 with headers 4 speed ?

OK Have done this in my blazer. Fairly simply if you are comfortable working with metal. I removed the giant spring from the clutch pedal under the dash and used the hole in the pedal as my mounting point for the master cylinder piston connection. With the pedal in the returned position, up, i went straight forward to mark the fire wall. Drilled my holes acourding to the measurements of the master cylinder. As far as the slave cylinder, i made a bracket from 3/8 steel to mount to 2 bellhousing bolts. Need to use a 1/2 inch spacer behind the bracket on the upper bolt. When you look you will see what i mean. Connect the hose and bleed. Works great!! plenty of travel with the pedal. I am running a Hayes extreme service clutch behind a big block, street cruiser / off road. My master and slave cylinders came from J C whitney out of the Jeep book in the v8 swap section. Total cost was about $200.00
WILE E is offline   Reply With Quote