The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
silvertip67

new poster with '67 P/U

Hello...new to this board...found it looking for info on my '67 Chev P/u...

pretty lucky find, while I was living in the mountains of Colorado I noticed a very nice and in perfect condition C-20 '67 4WD...it had been a family's camper truck since it was brand new...very low mileage (55K) and excellent body and interior...the paint was a bit oxidized...but nothing some wax could not remedy...the chrome and aluminum is barel worn...some spots the paint is worn through...but I can live with that...sort of a nice reminder of its real age...

the 4WD works like a charm...as does the 327/250 engine...the truck literally looked like it had stepped out of time ! I rode one of these back in the day "real time" when I was an apprentice...the sounds and smells are like getting in a time machine...the am radio is the final touch( it just broke...darn!)...

I have had several other Chev trucks in the past...and really wanted a '67...the 4wd was a total extra... the 327 was always a fav of mine...a motor I can work on with ease. here are a few pics...look forward to keeping up with others that are intersted in the same thing...

trucks like this one are a special find...the owners had me visit them for over a year before they sold it...it was a family unit for almost 44 years...lots of memories of their Grandpa...they knew I was going to keep it vintage and not make a Rod out of it...not that doing that is bad either...its just the Colorado climate was very kind to this one...I kept the split rims...and the oil bath & original valves...I had to get a little chrome...lets just call it a second childhood of sorts...LOL...I was amazed it ran after pulling plugs etc...what was left of them...new fuel pump and carb rebuild , thermostat, wires, points, hot coil is about all I needed to do...I also cracked the fan cowl working on the carb during some cold weather...thats on the list too

Whats left is to replace the body mounts on the rear cab area...they are cracked a bit and caused a 1/2-3/4" sag there...the steering wheel has some pretty bad cracks too, so I picked up a new one from LMC...the AM radio just went up a few days ago while I was driving on my bumpy road...I would like to find a CD player that fills the spot...only cassetes seem available ...maybe putting it in the glove box is a solution...

I put the splits away in the garage...and got some chrome after markets for daily driving...had to make a "hash" mark for me to remember the hub locking position...the owners manual must be for a lter model...these hubs do rotate...so the marks change location...at first I could not figure it out...even the overhead dirsctions p[lacard are opposite the real thing...I was told that there is an arm missing in the linkage...this truck was made in california I believe...and it was one of the first off the line...so maybe this was adjusted later in production...either way...its figured out now...

the interior is pretty much perfect...I put the blanket on the seat to protect it...but the vinyl is so new looking...as I said the steering wheel is the only thing that really shows some age...I will probably pick up the rubber mat to cover the cab floor...I drive this unit every day...and never liked carpet in a truck...all the best...ted in Virginia

here it is last winter @ my old cabin in Co...this truck went cross country no problem at all...pulled my tool trailer too...they dont make 'em like this any more...but I guess you already knew that!!!LOL

Last edited by silvertip67; 05-30-2010 at 10:31 AM.
silvertip67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
lovnthe70

Re: new poster with '67 P/U

WOW!!!! That is a beautiful truck, welcome to the board.

DONT GIVE ME NO JIBBA JABBA!!!
lovnthe70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
BADPURPLE70CHEVY
406 Powered

from n.c........
72 4x4
BADPURPLE70CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
70C10Toejam
Hellasick

and welcome.

That is a beautiful truck.

This life was a test. It was only a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.

RED meat is not bad for you...FUZZY BLUE/GREEN MEAT is bad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUILT FORD TOUGH WITH CHEVY STUFF--sticker at Goodguys
70C10Toejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #5
jayman68
Fun Stuff

Wow, great story. Love the truck. Welcome from NW Washington.

68 C10(project)
88 Honda Accord(DD)
93 Chevy Astro EXT 2wd
jayman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
martindc1

Nice truck. On the hubs, they are locked when the knob lines up with the inward facing triangles, and unlocked when it lines up with the outward facing triangles.

Do you have any pics of the original rims?

67 K20, 87 K10 aka V10 & 72 C10
martindc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

That is a fantastic find, lovin' it!

Welcome aboard from Northern California!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
pat 70/71

Welcome from so cal! love your truck in the snow pic. stay working on her cheers, Pat
pat 70/71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:42 AM   #9
TX72K5

Great truck. I was wondering what the extra knobs under the wiper knob and light knob were used for? Mike
TX72K5 is offline   Reply With Quote