The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
MrBlue

72' Door Panels and RH Mirror

Greetings to All,
First who makes a good interior door panel? Ours where white and we painted them black as the white was in bad shape. However the paint is easily scratched.
Secondly, Is it worth it to install the RH outside sport mirror? We installed the new mirrors and cannot get the RH mirror adjusted to see anything other than trees!
Thanks for the read,
MrBlue
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
chisler

Re: 72' Door Panels and RH Mirror

For the 72 door panels go for the ones made by DASHTOP made in the u.s., not offshore made (good product) one of the first players in making reproduction door panels very nice but only avail in black,BROTHERS sell the panels also in a few colors not sure how they fit and how good they are. I went with the dashtop brand no problems and fit excellent.
chisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
red71c10
The Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlue View Post
Greetings to All,
Secondly, Is it worth it to install the RH outside sport mirror? We installed the new mirrors and cannot get the RH mirror adjusted to see anything other than trees!
Thanks for the read,
MrBlue
I know what you mean. I just installed my RH sport mirror and went for a drive to test it out. Had to adjust it several times and finally got it where it's usable if I lean my head back a little. It will be better than nothing, but I can understand why most people don't like them.

"Driving is like coloring. Things get messy if you can't stay inside the lines."
red71c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:49 AM   #4
beebster

Location: Aurora,Il ..born,raised and still live in the same house

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisler View Post
For the 72 door panels go for the ones made by DASHTOP made in the u.s., not offshore made (good product) one of the first players in making reproduction door panels very nice but only avail in black,BROTHERS sell the panels also in a few colors not sure how they fit and how good they are. I went with the dashtop brand no problems and fit excellent.
thanks for the tip, i'm also in the market for door panels (black)
I'll give them a look. Never heard of them (dashstop) to be honest.

Last edited by beebster; 07-04-2010 at 02:49 AM.
beebster is offline   Reply With Quote