The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2003, 08:08 AM   #1
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Back on the road again!

Phew, finally got my new P/S pump fitted and all back together after about six weeks off the road, had to change a front motor mount as well. It's not been that simple as I can't just pop down the road and get parts like you guys, so when I hit a snag like a stripped bolt it can take weeks to get the right parts delivered (we don't really use UNC bolts in the UK).

It also hasn't been helped by the fact that we've just had the wettest May since records began and I have to work outside (anybody got a wetsuit they want to sell!). It's the first major job I've tackled on my truck and I was a little rusty in the wrenching department having run a modern car for the last few years but I am really happy with the results.

Next job front sway bar when I find one in the UK.

BTW have a look at the following website http://www.geocities.com/cococonnection/index.html it's run by one of the regulars at my local cruise and you can see some of the other cars that live locally to me here in rural lancashire, UK. The Impala is currently for sale at just £8000 sterling. Thats just a measly $13,126.40 of your US dollars! (Plus shipping of course LOL!)

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 09:09 AM   #2
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Hey Phil, when is your big trip across the pond? Or have you already been here?
Old 05-29-2003, 11:53 AM   #3
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

That Camaro on that link is awesome. What's it like driving one of those classics over there? Do peoples jaws drop? I would imagine you don't see many nice classics. Would be fun.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 12:21 PM   #4
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

LB, the big road trip is all booked up for September, starting in LA, up the coast on route 1, across to Yosemite, Death Valley, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and back via Lake Havasu (gotta see London Bridge, can't believe they thought they'd bought Tower Bridge!) in two weeks in a rented convertible and finally Palm Springs where we've rented a house for a week to recuperate.

There is quite a big classic American car scene in the UK, not quite as big as in Sweden but growing our local big show up here last yrear had over 2000 cars including one of Liberaces gold plated cars with real diamonds in the hubcaps.

We have a monthly cruise locally where on average there are probably 20 cars, these can be anything from trucks, classics, modern we also share with rod owners and vee dub owners so for instance last time there was a couple of old split screen VW vans, a ford P100 pickup (based on the UK Ford Sierra) with a small block dropped in it, a Mercedes 190 on a landcruiser chassis as well as a couple of caddys, a 63 Rambler estate (I think) a handful of mustangs, a couple of nice "proper" 32 ford rods, a tuned up Morris Minor, etc etc. I believe a 55 Chevy truck has moved into the garage with the Camaro etc recently as well.

It's been a fantastic hot sunny day here today and I've been running around getting some building materials from a couple of places and had to stop twice to chat to people, open the hood etc. It certainly makes people smile when I roar past!

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote