The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2003, 03:07 AM   #1
Dropt72Shortbed

need help guys, possible ebay problem here?

i bought a tach/air cluster off ebay a few weeks ago.

I paid and the seller left feedback and said the item was shipped on 5/12. it is 5/29 and I haven't received anything yet.

I paid extra for insurance which was a good idea. now its been 2.5 weeks and no item has arrived.

what is a reasonable period to wait before asking the seller to go to the post office and check things out? 3 weeks (that will be in 4 days) for shipping, its just a box the size of a guage cluster going from indiana to california, anything over 3 weeks seems pretty long to me, no?

i paid with a money order and kept the receipt so if i have to file for fraud with ebay i guess im ok, id just rather get the damn thing and not have to go through the hassle of working with ebay.
Dropt72Shortbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 03:28 AM   #2
boytoytrading
Account Suspended

Go back to your (my e-bay) and click on your (items won). Find the dash cluster, click it and use the (ask the seller a question) link, and ask him were the @#$# is my cluster.:flag:
boytoytrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 03:49 AM   #3
Dropt72Shortbed

Quote:
Originally posted by boytoytrading
Go back to your (my e-bay) and click on your (items won). Find the dash cluster, click it and use the (ask the seller a question) link, and ask him were the @#$# is my cluster.
im a seller on ebay as well, and when someone sends me an agressive email like that it doesnt really make me want to help them much.....

ive got the guys email address, address and phone number, im just wondering what would be an ample duration to allow for shipping, it went out usps parcel post, i figure it shouldnt take any longer than 3 weeks.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:14 AM   #4
68 Suburban

If it was shipped, the post office won't do anything for 30 days.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:10 AM   #5
SEVEND2

see if you can get a postal tracking on it, e-mail the guy, stating you have not received it, in a nice manor.... and go from there

Progress on truck so far (follow link):
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=51051

and stage 2

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=58132

~ "Why couldn't you have just put the bunny back in the box?" ~
SEVEND2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 07:49 AM   #6
Blue Beard

Also since it was supposed to be insured, ask for the insurance number. Should have sent it with Delivery Confirmation. Definite tracking number that way.

You can have the post office do a tracking number on the money order. Don't remember what they charge, but I received a refund after a fashion since it was never cashed. I think at that point they marked the number in the computer so it wouldn't be cashed.

I had one seller that it took six months to get a package from. They were suppose to have sent it but didn't, and the post mark verified that it was sent the week before.
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 08:17 AM   #7
XXL
Seņor Member

3 weeks seems excessive except that Parcel Post can be very slow. This is because Priority mail takes priority on the truck. So if a regional BMC has lots of Priority, Parcel Post gets bumped. This shouldn't be a problem this time of year but around the Xmas holidays, it happens regularly.

Unfortunately, there is no way to actually track the package without the Proof of Delivery (tracking) number, and even then, for Parcel Post, they are only scanned at each BMC, so you'd never know where it was in between.

You'll have to wait 30 days from the date of loss to file an insurance claim form. I'd get right on that at the 30 day mark because the process can be slow after that.

How engaged is the seller in this process? What day do they claim to have shipped it? Can they fax you a copy of the stamped insurance form and/or the window receipt to prove this shipping date?

Kenneth
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 09:11 AM   #8
69 Short Fleet

I just went through my first e-bay purchase, I bought a rad hose kit for my truck and received it after 3 weeks (to the day) after my payment was sent. The seller had poor communication so I was starting to get worried, but it all worked out in the end. Regards Doug
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 01:39 PM   #9
Smooth68

It's been long enough to justify at least an email if not a call to the seller asking just to confirm things and/or a copy of the shipping reciept.

WTB 64-66 project or frame/cab, SWB or LWB...I have the fever! Whatcha got??

'68 Short Step - Shaved Body, Soon Bagged - SOLD

Driver-2004 GMC Z-71 Ext-cab
Smooth68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 01:44 PM   #10
hambone1958

ebay

I bought a tack dash on ebay and it took about 8 days for it to arrive UPS ground it cam from Indiana to NC.
hambone1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:39 PM   #11
Dropt72Shortbed

Quote:
Originally posted by XXL
3 weeks seems excessive except that Parcel Post can be very slow. This is because Priority mail takes priority on the truck. So if a regional BMC has lots of Priority, Parcel Post gets bumped. This shouldn't be a problem this time of year but around the Xmas holidays, it happens regularly.

Unfortunately, there is no way to actually track the package without the Proof of Delivery (tracking) number, and even then, for Parcel Post, they are only scanned at each BMC, so you'd never know where it was in between.

You'll have to wait 30 days from the date of loss to file an insurance claim form. I'd get right on that at the 30 day mark because the process can be slow after that.

How engaged is the seller in this process? What day do they claim to have shipped it? Can they fax you a copy of the stamped insurance form and/or the window receipt to prove this shipping date?

Kenneth
yea i already emailed him last week, i would ask for a scan or fax of the insurance slip but im not sure where that would get me as he told me he shipped two items that day and forgot to write down the addresses on the slips, he went ahead and gave me both the insurance numbers.

im going to email him just to let him know i still dont have it, and that were going to need to start talking to the post office if it doesnt come by june 11th.

as for the seller, ive yet to receive a complete sentence from the guy, his communication skills are very poor.

last question? who has to fill out the insurance paperwork? i know with ups its the sender who has to do it, which is lame since last time something arrived damaged/missing from ups i asked the seller to get on top of getting the refund through ups, its been like 3 months and the guy did nothing about it.