The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-10-2003, 02:39 AM   #1
apstguy
LED King

Jet-ski shenanigans

Yes I did have too look up how to spell shenanigans.

Warning - this has absolutly nothing to do with trucks, but it is still a mechanical problem and I want to vent.

Saturday I was supposed to go to the lake. I was all ready and tried to start the jet-ski. It had started last week so I hadn't tried it sooner. It wouldn't start. Sounded like the battery was discharged. I went to have Kragens charge it and they said they couldn't. I went to Autozone but the guy got on my nerves and was being a dick so I yelled at him & left. That is why I don't go to Autozone - their parts are smarter then they are! I try to get our battery charger but remember I loaned it to a friend. I went to my friend's house but no one was home. So I broke into the house. I took my battery charger and left. I charged the battery for an hour and tested it with a multimeter. It came up perfectly fine. 12.6 volts. I was in a rush and wasn't thinking so I tried to test if for amps. suddenly smoke started coming from my hands and I dropped the multimeter. I melted on of the wires. I then put the battery back into the jet-ski and tried to start it. It was having a hard time so I gave it some gas. BOOOOM! Stuff flew everywhere and something started smoking. The rubber sleave that kept the shaft to hull sealed with grease exploded. It had no grease in it causing it to disentigrate. So I didn't go to the lake. I don't have the patience to change it b/c you have to take the whole shaft out to change it and because debris and smoke came from it, I am afraid other things might be damaged. UGH...... It is going to cost too much to fix this year. This is what happens when other people do matinence on machines you use.

On a good note, I changed my axle fluid. The old stuff was black and not very translucent. It smelt like crap! Who knows how old it was... The new stuff looked like yellow/green translucent piss (sorry, but that is what it looked like!). I'm glad I did it.

1985 C10 305 w/ Bowtie OD TH700R4 3.42 LSD 202,000 miles
2006 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed Stick
2016 Chevy Spark EV
Gone: 2002.5 VW GTI 24v VR6
Gone: 2008 VW R32
apstguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 03:26 AM   #2
Mike76251

Darn guy,
It sounds like you did get lucky not getting charged with breaking and entering!
I hope that Jet Ski does not have a blown "brain box".

I have two different very good multimeters and neither of them will handle battery amperage.
They are fused but it would probably blow them too.
Mike76251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:28 AM   #3
TIMSPEED

Damn ty, I wanna go jet skiing
Old 06-10-2003, 05:56 PM   #4
apstguy
LED King

Yeah... My friend didn't care about the breaking in, as long as I told him how I did it! All my friends think I am innocent too!

1985 C10 305 w/ Bowtie OD TH700R4 3.42 LSD 202,000 miles
2006 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed Stick
2016 Chevy Spark EV
Gone: 2002.5 VW GTI 24v VR6
Gone: 2008 VW R32
apstguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 01:31 PM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

as a homeowner im glad ya didnt brerak into my place! as a boater lol one less jetskier LOL as a board member sorry for your loss and hope ya get it running as long as ya jetski on the opposite end ofthe country we will be just fine!! now back to the trucks!! LOL
im just busting chops so dont get offended!

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote