The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
clark470

69' C20 3/4 ton resto ideas?

Hey everyone,

So I been part of this site for a bit but finally got myself a 3/4 ton 69 C20. Picked it up for 800 bucks with 50,000 miles on the engine. Anyone know where you can get a restoration guide? Doing a resto with my father in law. I heard through the grapevine you can get them from GM? Currently in afghanistan on my second deployment. Can't wait to get home this winter to get started on her. Anyone else got some nice pics of C20's to get some ideas flowing? Whats everyones thoughts about a 383 stroker? Any thoughts ideas to make this a beaut will be appreciated. Taker easy from the big ass**le of the world!!!!!

Will update with some pics when I get to a solid internet connection. Currently working with 16kb/s portable satellite internet. Oh the 21st century!
Old 10-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
RIA69

Re: 69' C20 3/4 ton resto ideas?

well it honestly it all depends on what you want to accomplish with the truck. I'm not to sure about a resto guide but I DO KNOW there is a TON of info on this site. I have a '69 c20 as well I'm working on. browse around here on the forum and try and find a look or style that firs you or come up with a combo of several kinds. I'm just going to be doing a simple drop and hot motor combo down the road. 383's are a beastly engine my room mate has one in his '69 GMC and that thing screams! but hes also got about 6k into it. granted with deployment cash saved up you might be straight depending on some other things in your life. I know I made bank while I was over there both times. good luck and keep your head down from a fellow soldier.

here is a pic of mine.
Attached Images

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by RIA69; 10-16-2010 at 05:02 PM.
RIA69 is offline   Reply With Quote