The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #12
tapeworm
fan of "Butters" Stotch

Re: What is this '64 worth? Advice Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by heierlu View Post
Thanks everyone for all of the advice. It is much appreciated. It's about 6 hours away from me, so I have to drive down there to look at it in person. The guy is asking $4000 for it. So according to your advice, he's asking a bit too much. I'll have to call him and see how firm he is on the price.

Is it common to put 350's in these trucks? Are there kits to make them fit, or is it usually custom? I'm worried about the swap being a hack job.
If the truck were around here, I'd say $3500 could maybe be fair. However, 6 hours away, I wouldn't pay quite that much.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 350, as long as there is not some obvious scary homemade stuff going on.
While everyone wants a healthy motor, I'd be more concerned with the overall condition of the truck.

Keep your eye on this message board (of course), the HAMB, ebay, Craigslist, ect, ect. When looking for parts, I seem to come accross alot of 60-63s from this area, both parts and complete trucks. Also, you'll usually pay more for a shortbox as well.

Last edited by tapeworm; 10-21-2010 at 11:43 PM.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote