The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #11
Real_McCoy

Re: How do you store your bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMR-PERFORMANCE View Post
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-tu...ot-tub-189548/ hot tube while you think about the next upgrade??

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiizman View Post
Probably not the most correct, but i put two pieces of carpet down, stood it on the tailgate and bungy corded to the studs so it wouldn't fall. I got a nice sturdy 65 fleetside swb. Anyway it gave me alot of room..
I thought of this, but the ceiling is too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
A simple solution would be to put down a row of highly inflated old inner tubes, long enough to support the side of the bed. Then just tip it over on the tubes and tether it to the wall. Just orient the valve stems so they can be inflated periodically if needed. Perhaps a tire store could provide used tubes for next to nothing.
This might work for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altec View Post
Do they have to be inside? I found picnic tables to be good for bed storage.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...t/100_5662.jpg

What about something like a pipe rack, but with only one row? A stand like that, with wide padded "shelf" like areas. Have them sitting so that the bed is on its side. Just have wide pads so the bed doesn't dent.

I would suggest a similar rack design, but instead of pads have brackets come off to bole the bed to it using the factory holes. This would work, but you would need at least three people to attach the bed. Kind of a PITA.
I prefer to keep them inside. Damn tweekers will run off with them to the scrap metal yard.

Long term, I am leaning toward the rack design bolting to the factory mounts, but as a rotisserrie so I can lock the frame flat, bolt the bed and then rotate it to verticle.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Real_McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote