The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
bionichicken

Noob with a question

My neighbor has a 47-52 3/4 ton sitting in his back driveway which I am thinking about purchasing. It is all there and complete and stock. What is something like that going for these days? I want to offer a fair price for it.
bionichicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Noob with a question

Prices are all over the place on these old trucks but a 3/4 ton would probably worth at a third less than a comparable half ton in the same condition to most guys here on the board.
Other than that there are too many variables involved.
Running or not running
Glass good or not
how much rust
how much if any body damage
Tires usable or no
Interior, dash and gauge condition.

I'm really out of touch on the prices on these trucks as the only thing I have bought in the past 20 years was a pair of 1-1/2 tons for 100.00 last spring. I got a deal on those because the owner just wanted them out of his yard and i cut one up there and hauled the other home on my buddy's trailer.
If it's in pretty good shape fair is probably somewhere between 500 and 1000 if you intend to completely redo it. But I'd have the cash ready and feel the guy out and see what he thinks it's worth. He may even be interested in a trade that would benefit both of you. I've gone down and bought a set of new tires to trade for a car before simply because the owner of the car I wanted needed a set of tires that were worth what I felt the car was worth to me. If you know of something within the dollar amount that you are thinking about that he might like in trade hint that you would work a trade and see what he says. But right now a handful of cash for Christmas might look a lot better to him than the truck does.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
bionichicken

Re: Noob with a question

Thanks for your reply. I will go take a picture of it and send it to you if yu pm me your email address. Looks like a no rust pickup with paint....not good paint but paint. I believe it runs ....may need new batt. Again thanks for the reply. I would post a picture on the forum but don't know they would allow me. I could post in photobucket.com and give you my account.
bionichicken is offline   Reply With Quote