The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2010, 02:46 AM   #1
Dru

1 ton dually/single wheel front rotor swap?

Hello all,

Typed out a bunch of stuff explaining why I'm at this point, but that might be better saved for the actual swap.

I tried to find all the info I could through the search, and also tried to use O'reillys online store to compare spindle part numbers, but they didn't seem to have them listed.

Does anyone happen to know if I can bolt single wheel rotors to the dually rotor spindles in the pic below?

Also if I can, would I be stuck with mudder type wheels that stick out past the body, or can I get a wheel inside the fender, and have a little dish to it still?

Trying to figure out some options I may have, any info is much appreciated, thank you.

Edit: Just to add..I do not want to swap out the spindles really, they are almost new, but a little rusty Belltech dropped units.

Last edited by Dru; 12-09-2010 at 02:48 AM.
Dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:05 AM   #2
Dru

Re: 1 ton dually/single wheel front rotor swap?

Seems I may have found my part, was thinking it was possible, and that I needed thick rotors. O'reillys has three different rotors for the 77 C30, and one of the single wheel ones appears to be thicker. Not sure if it will fit on the spindle though.

I'm still not 100%, if anyone happens to know for sure, I'd still appreciate it.

If I can get this to work, I'll still have to find some decent wheels that will fit inside my fenders, might go with 9.5" 20's. but I dunno what might fit yet, it seems a 5.5 backspacing might work, but most info I have found is 5 lug related, and Im not sure if the rotor to rotor width is the same.

Last edited by Dru; 12-09-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
D.FENS

Don't know where you're going with this, but the single-wheel 1 ton rotors will fit the 1-ton DRW spindles. Then use wheels for a 1-ton SRW fitment (on the front, anyway).

Last edited by D.FENS; 12-09-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: clarification
D.FENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
pig rig

like he said they will fit if you were to look at that part # thats part of the casting on the backside of your stock spindle its the same on drw and srw spindles

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/ph...ped_detail.JPG

Last edited by pig rig; 12-09-2010 at 10:23 AM.
pig rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #5
Dru

Thank you both very much for the info.