The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
bosco200

GMC Pauls

I have always ordered my parts from LMC but I have been seeing a lot of people talking about how much better the parts from GMC Pauls are...So I was wondering are the parts quality better than LMC...they don't seem as expensive either.
bosco200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
msgross

Re: GMC Pauls

GMCPaul is a true truck owner so he knows his parts. He use to be a vendor here, might still be, and is a really nice guy. He will give you an honest opinion on a parts quality, LMC and some other big name stores have ZERO customer service....
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Do a search up in the GOOGLE window and click the 67-72 chevytrucks.com.

You will get all the threads that this company is mentioned in here on this site...good and bad.

Form your own opinion from there.
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Custom Camper "Dump Truck"
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Suburban "Big Green"
1969 Chevrolet C-50 Wedge Hauler "Leonidis"
1966 C-10 2x4 short fleet 327 4 speed "Race Truck"
1952 Plymouth Cranbrook "Rican" (my grandfathers)
1931 Ford Model A Coupe "Black Beauty"
1930 Ford Model A truck "Club Cab" 4x4

Rottenwood Garage and Speed Shop.....where everything must be racy!

It's not just a hobby..It's a LIFESTYLE!!!

Thanks for nothing Barrett-Jackson

You cant fix stupid or teach accountability!

Time wasters, looky Lous and tire kickers are everywhere!
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
vanceman

I order some little parts from him and they were in LMC packages with correct LMC part #'s on them. Made in India.
vanceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
Shane
Account Suspended

They also like to charge double on shipping when parts are drop shipped from the manufacturer ... or at least that was the case when I ordered stainless brake lines a few years ago from them. I was charged shipping by them when I placed the order and then I was charged shipping AGAIN when the parts were drop shipped form Inline Tube or whoever their vendor was at that time.

I was not happy but it didn't seem to bother them so it doesn't bother me to recommend to others that they spend their money elsewhere.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #6
rsavage

I have had good luck with GMC Pauls in the last several months. I bought all new rubber for my Burb and some rockers for the Blazer. Prices were competitive and communication was excellent.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
GMCPaul

Shane please contact me at email
gmcpauls@gmcpauls.com
with your order # or approx. order date and I will look into your order you say was double billed on shipping, as it is not our policy to double bill shipping charges.
I suspect though that you ordered more than just brake lines in your order, if so as it states on our web site on our brake, transmission & fuel lines pages
""""""""""
Our line kits ship separate oversized II and as such have a separate shipping charge if ordered with other items at the same time.*
""""""""""""""
So if you ordered brake lines then you added other non-oversized parts to the order*the shopping cart will automatically pre-populate the oversized shipping charges, then when you are on our final checkout page we request that you select shipping from a drop down bar directly below the bill to information boxes on our final checkout page for the non-oversized items in the order since they ship separate from the oversized items and I suspect that you did not select shipping for any other items that were not oversized items and when we billed you for there separate shipping you considered us to be double billing you.
I may be wrong and you only ordered brake lines but if you contact me direct at the email address provided with the info I need to look the order up I'll be happy to look into it for you and correct any errors caused by us if they did occur.
Vanceman yes at 1 time we did purchase some items direct from LMC, but we no longer purchase anything from them, we still get products from some of our other suppliers that come packaged with LMC part #'s on them because they supply LMC also, the biggest culprit of doing this is
ABHIRASHI, a company in India that specalizes in small cast parts & metal parts, & rubber products such as bushings, etc...., but I've also received sheetmetal from Tri-Plus " KeyParts " that had LMC logos on them because LMC pays these companies to pre-package & label there parts with there business name and sometimes these companies do not always direct these pre-labeled parts to LMC but instead ships the part to other retailers that purchase from them.
If your order was in the last few years then those small parts I suspect were most likely produced by Abhirashi.
LMC does carry some good products but in my opinion they also seem to always go with THE LEAST EXPENSIVE PART even when they know that a far better quality part is available for a higher price, myself I prefer to pay more for higher quality so that we do not have customer service issues due to the quality of our product.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

GMC Paul, Classic Heartbeat are two quality parts dealers that have been here since the beginning of this site. You will get the best quality parts available and great customer service. Both oweners are active on these boards. Just that should speak volumes for there business. But, pricing a part is a individual decision. Good luck!

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
mtdave2
newly minted old timer

GmcPaul is the man! I have ordered almost all my parts from him...nice guy too
mtdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
Rack Man

Wes @ Classic Heartbeat is the man....Super knowledgeable, an awesome supplier and you can call him on the phone at anytime to get discuss parts or get advice.....unlike GMC Pauls who does not take phone calls..

JMHO,
Dan

Last edited by Rack Man; 01-06-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
ksjh1316
Account Suspended

In my opinion LMC is a decent catalog to help figure out all the pieces you will need and how they go back together. I have ordered from GMCPaul and had 0 problems he just helped me with some advice on fitting a part I have had for two years. Wes at Classic Heartbeat has also helped me out with some issues. That is the whole difference between using the board vendors and LMC. You can call or e-mail these members and they will help you through the situation and if there is a problem with the item they want to know about it to make sure you are happy and that there will be no other customers having the same frustration with the part as you are. Most of the board vendors here also love and build these trucks and they have the information that may help you make the right choice when ordering parts instead of playing the buy it and send it back routine with LMc because you got the wrong part
ksjh1316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #12
Shane
Account Suspended

Thanks paul for the offer but it's been long enough ago (at least 3 years) that I no longer have the order number or any of the other pertinent information to reference a this time.

For what it's worth, I called MULTIPLE times concerning this when it first occurred and no one at GMCPaul's seemed to care enough to return my call then. The damage is already done and the money it cost me has now been forgotten. How I was treated has not.

Thanks.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #13
GMCPaul

Shane I'm sorry to hear that you were treated like that, I would really like the chance to make it right though. If you email me your the name the order was placed with I'll try doing a search that way to locate the order as we do digitally archive our orders and if for some reason I can't find it that way we still also keep printed copies of each order filed for up to 10 years and I can manually go through the boxes of our hard copies of invoices to find the order. I would really appreciate it if you would allow me to look into this and right any wrong that may have occured.
GMCPaul
Old 01-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #14
wild4wheels

It's been a long time since I have had to order anything but..Gmc Pauls, Wes and Tim @ Christians are all standup guys- they have all earned my business by being there to answer questions, offer advise and by just plain being here as a presence on this board! I don't see LMC and the like posting a whole lot here. Thanks guys. Hope this helps bosco

Current truck
"Ida Mae" 71 K5 Blazer

Former Trucks
"Loretta" 71 Longbed (AZ)
"Tanya" 69 Stepside (AZ)
"Ferdinand" 71 Longhorn (SD)
"Patches" 67 Panel (IA/ KY)
"Rosita" 68 C30 (KY)

Instagram @Wildforwheels @k5_klub @c10university

Profile pic provided by Jeff Sundance
wild4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #15
1956cameo

I have ordered from GMC Paul and am about to make another order again this weekend. I have had no issues or complaints, and the quality of the parts was above average. I have never used LMC (Way to expensive), but have heard horror stories about them. I called once to ask a question about a part and the LMC operator hung up on me, so I believe alot of what people say about them. I have also bought parts from Classic Parts and The Truck Shop, without any issue (except the quality of some of the Classic Parts items I have recieved were a little dissapointing).

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #16
71 super

I too have ordered from GMC Pauls without issue. I have used two sets of their six lug rotors and have had no issues at all. Very well put together and fit as it should. Wes at classic heartbeat if not entirely across the country would get alot if not all of my business, but the distance is just too far - sorry wes. Both companies are good quality people and I would recommend to anyone looking for parts.
69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #17
bosco200

Thanks alot for all the info....Ive only order from LMC cuz I never knew of any other businesses...my next purchase will be from GMC Pauls and ill see how that goes....also...I have ordered the little knobs for my Heat/Blower/Defrost from LMC and there little pieces of junk plastic...and they always break in half....does GMC Pauls have good ones?....O also I want to get some Chrome Door Panels but it say 67-71...it'll fit my 72 right?

Last edited by bosco200; 01-06-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #18
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco200 View Post
I have ordered the little knobs for my Heat/Blower/Defrost from LMC and there little pieces of junk plastic...and they always break in half....does GMC Pauls have good ones?....O also I want to get some Chrome Door Panels but it say 67-71...it'll fit my 72 right?
I've installed at least 8-10 trucks worth of heater lever knobs and never had 1 break nor ever heard from a customer that any have ever broken so Yes I would say our's are good. In regards to installing 67-71 door panels on your 1972, it can be done but far more is needs to be done than just swithing out the door panels. Due to the fact the 72 plastic door panel extends farther from the door the 72 window regulator & door relay control have longer actuating shafts and with a 67-71 door panel installed you will find about a 1/2" gap betwwen the door panel & the window regulator handle & between the door panel & door relay control handle which means you see exposed approx. 1/2" or so of the splined shaft, in order for it to appear correct you would need to replace your L&R window regulators with 67-71 version and you'll need to replacethe door relay controls on both doors with the 67-71 version. Your 72 door panels are each held on with 8 plastic fastners, the 67-71 door panel uses a upper door panel trim that screws to the door with 4 screws at the top edge of the door panel to hold it in place and it uses 4 stainless steel screw to fasten the door panel at the bottom to the door. Since the 72 uses plastic fastners that simply push into a round hole, you will need 8 captured nuts 4 for each door in order to fasten the bottom of the 67-71 door panel to your 72 doors.
So to go from using 72 plastic door panels to using 67-71 door panels you need to remove & replace the following
1ea- L&R 67-71 window regulators
1ea- L&R 67-71 door relay controls
1pr of upper door panel trim
1pr of 67-71 door panels
8 captured nuts
8 stainless steel screws
and 4 door escutcheon
So to change to 67-71 door panels your looking at over $300 in parts I would estimate.
Something to consider about the 67-71 chrome door panels is every person I've ever spoke with that used the chrome versions have all gotten a nasty burn from them getting hot in the sun then the driver or passenger rests there arm against it and gets burned. A couple of people actually received scarring from the burns so USE CAUTION when using chrome door panels.
GMCPaul
Old 01-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #19
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72freak View Post
Do a search up in the GOOGLE window and click the 67-72 chevytrucks.com.

You will get all the threads that this company is mentioned in here on this site...good and bad.

Form your own opinion from there.
Many more positive views than negative. No vendor is going to have zero negative replies as with many of the other Vendors. I agree read and then make a judgement call. Myself I have always been pleased with GMCPauls.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #20
bosco200

Ok thanks alot guys....Gmc Paul you will be getting a purchase form me pretty soon Thanks.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #21
rob32472

I have ordered from gmc pauls several times.... another vendor was even having a sale and he matched the price no questions asked.... I have never had any issues with ordering on line with gmc pauls. Wes at classic heartbeat is also great to do business with.....
rob32472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #22
bfay17
Young Gun

I have gad great results with GMC Pauls and will continue to order from him.
bfay17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #23
ItsRandy

I have ordered from LMC once, never again. I bought hood hinges. First time I closed the hood one of the hinges bent at the top spring eye location. Junk!
Posted via Mobile Device
ItsRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #24
justagoodolboy
Under Construction

On December 8th I ordered a radiator/ cab/ bed mounting kit from GMC Pauls. They sent me the radiator and bed kits, and put a note in the box saying the cab mounting kit was being shipped from their supplier in CA. It arrived but when I put my cab on and opened the box the mounts were for a C10. I had ordered K10 mounts so on the 16th I emailed them and told them what happened.

The next day they emailed me back and apologized, said their supplier sent the wrong one and would send the correct kit. They would issue a call tag for the wrong one and I needed to box it up for UPS.I wasn't real happy but hey mistakes happen. No big deal.

I didn't know if UPS would pick it up or if I needed to take it somewhere so I asked them. On monday the 20th they replied that UPS would pick it up and that I could expect the correct kit by the end of that week.

I left on the 23rd and was gone till the night of the 28th. I figured that would give me time to get my truck back together by new years because I needed to go back to work after that. I get home and guess what? No parts. I thought well with the holidays and bad weather and all I'll give it a day or 2.

On the 30th I emailed them wondering what was up because no parts and UPS never picked up the wrong kit but I got an auto reply saying they were closed for inventory the 30th and 31st. So I think I'll hear from them Monday the 3rd, but no, nothing.

So I email them the 4th wondering what's going on. They reply that the parts shipped and UPS would do a search for them. If they could not be found they would ship a new set.

The evening of the 5th they tell me UPS can't find the package and the supplier is shipping a new kit and they would forward me a tracking # as soon as they got it. So yesterday, the 7th, I still had'nt heard anything so about noon I emailed them wondering if my parts had shipped. I told them I wanted to know something by the weekend but as of right now, still nothing.

I can't say I'm mad but I'm definetly irked. And I'm disapointed in GMC Pauls. I realize that they are not the ones shipping me the kit but it does't seem like they're putting forth much effort to do anything about it. Mistakes happen, it's part of life, I'm not mad about that. And it's not their fault UPS lost the package. But since UPS never picked the wrong kit like they twice told me they would, how do I know that my parts were ever shipped?

What is getting to me is they don't have phone service and don't seem to care how soon they reply to emails. I wanted to have my truck together by new years but here I sit- waiting on parts that I ordered a month ago and still have no idea whether or not they were shipped. It's kinda frustrating...
03 Saab 9-3 -tripper
90 Polaris Trail Boss- 2 Stroker

Last edited by justagoodolboy; 01-08-2011 at 02:53 PM.
justagoodolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #25
justagoodolboy
Under Construction

Here's a follow up of my post above. I posted on a Saturday and Monday GMC Paul called me and apologized for the delay and explained that the parts had been backordered and told me when I could expect them. They sent me a tracking # like he promised and the parts were shipped and delivered in the time frame he gave me. He told me he canceled the UPS call tag on the incorrect parts and that I could keep them so I got a free C10 cab mounting kit for the hassle. He also explained that the secretary who had been recieving my emails had gotten the flu and that was why they had'nt gotten back to me when they had promised. I accepted his apology and thanked him for calling. I've ordered from them before with no problem and I've heard far more good about them than bad so I think my deal was an exeption to the rule.
03 Saab 9-3 -tripper
90 Polaris Trail Boss- 2 Stroker
justagoodolboy is offline   Reply With Quote