The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #151
wutnxt

Location: vancouver b.c....is the biggest place most people would know but I am actually out in the valley 45 mins away
Re: Tunnel Ram

CVA

Thanks...
It needs a good polishing after we get it all taken apart I will post some "rebuild prostreet truck" pictures...maybe start a thread or something...I really think that putting a soft notch into the firewall is a sweet idea. I like detail things like that on a build
wutnxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #152
wutnxt

Location: vancouver b.c....is the biggest place most people would know but I am actually out in the valley 45 mins away

Ricky bobby....

Dont even talk to me about rust dude....lol
I have to replace both doors,both fenders and a bunch or floor on that bad boy.....The only thing left is the box floor....lol
Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 AM   #153
jitteryguy
GoatLube Experss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutnxt View Post
Well great minds think a like.....i couldn't understand a word of it either....but the whole time I was thinking...... " Dude drop the back 3" and the front another 1"......." lose that chrome cowl stuff and call me with how much ya want for that truck...
I used to live out west, I'll translate for ya'll,
hey look at my truck holmes
nice truck holmes
hey look, theres a dog holmes
I hope he dont bite holmes
I like your truck holmes

I think that was all of it.

I grew up in Hispanic neighborhood, I remember they would crome every thing that would fit in the vat, that lowrider heritage kinda rub'd off on me grow'n up. I was dig'n the truck
'92 S10 350/350
'84 MonteCarlo 383/PG/9"ford
'78 Malibu wagon 350/350
'78 Cutlass (project family car)
'96 S10 Jimmy (Moma's)
jitteryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #154
wutnxt

jittery..

Well I can say for sure.....
That they spent alot of time on that truck and it shows...There was alot of detail to be seen...and I bet that thing lays rubber for a block.....lol
Old 01-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #155
CVA59

Picked up my S10 rear end today. It came out of an 1996 model and measures approx. 54.25" face to face. Can't wait to get it mounted in.

www.23t.weebly.com

Old 01-20-2011, 11:44 PM   #156
wutnxt

face to face...? so thats infront of the drum to infront of the drum ?....I think I found one today I just haven't had time to compare the sizes yet
Old 01-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #157
CVA59

That is where the wheel meets the drum.

www.23t.weebly.com

Old 01-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #158
wutnxt

gotcha....
I am just used to measureing it backing plate to backing plate...great info because I think I found a rear end in the shop thats out of a s10...starting to mass some spare parts for a project now...between you and Ricky Bobby this is starting to be a expensive thread for me....lol
Old 01-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #159
CVA59

Quote:
gotcha....
I am just used to measureing it backing plate to backing plate...great info because I think I found a rear end in the shop thats out of a s10...starting to mass some spare parts for a project now...between you and Ricky Bobby this is starting to be a expensive thread for me....lol
LOL, i hear ya. I will be flat broke when this is all over with. If you will send me your wheel data and the rear end width i can lay it out for you and give you your clearances. Also the frame width.

www.23t.weebly.com

Old 01-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #160
wutnxt

CVA...

Dude your on....When I get all my measurements I will send them over....You know you should consider starting another thread showing how to do the entire swap...I am sure lots of people would be intrested in that.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #161
CVA59

NP, i just may post a thread on doing the swap. It should be about the same as most any other swap. The biggest difference i have found is the S10 tubes are smaller than the stock rear. I will probably build my own axle saddles for this. I am also thinking about building new hangers off the bottom flange of the frame (reinforcing the frame) and running my trailing arms straight back instead of at an angle. If i choose to go that route i will run coilover shocks as well. Doing this with coilovers will allow me to set the rear end height wherever i want it without a ton of expensive modifications.

www.23t.weebly.com

Last edited by CVA59; 01-21-2011 at 01:16 PM.
CVA59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #162
wutnxt

Okay so how did you make out with the firewall fix....and hows the truck going ?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #163
CVA59

Quote:
Okay so how did you make out with the firewall fix....and hows the truck going ?
Honestly, everything is at a standstill for the moment. We just got dad a new 24 x 50 shop bult and i have been spending all my free time wiring it up and helping him get moved in to it. This will provide he and i both a place to work on our trucks. His 66 on one side and my 64 on the other. Plus it is insulated, heated and cooled. Can't wait to get moved in, LOL. I will get started back on my truck hopefully in another week or so. I am waiting for my 29x 15.5 x 15 M/T's to come in right now. Once they are in i will probably focus on getting the S10 rear installed and get all that sorted out before i jump back on the Tunnel Ram. How about you? When are you gonna dyno that engine. I am anxious to see what it puts out.

www.23t.weebly.com

Last edited by CVA59; 01-27-2011 at 10:39 AM.
CVA59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #164
wutnxt

I just called the machine shop....the carbs are in and bolted down on the cross ram right now just waiting for it to get in the line up for the dyno. The machine shop won't take it to the dyno shop if the weather isn't nice.....chuckles...he doesn't want anything to happen to it. I also dropped off my 302 for my camaro trying to figure out what i am short for the build....I really want a winters cross ram for it but crap the last one I saw was 15 grand......so it's either a offenhauser cross ram I have of a ceramic coated 302 intake. I will keep you posted
Old 01-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #165
CVA59

Sounds good, can't wait.

www.23t.weebly.com

Old 01-28-2011, 02:05 AM   #166
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

BTW wuynxt......that 302 carb you asked me about. If you are not worried about the numbers, you can get a 3310-1 Holley pretty right and they are the same 780 cfm with the downleg boosters. Many of those GM muscle carbs were the same main body with the same metering.....they just had different list numbers stamped on them to ID the car they went with. FWIW
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote