The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
dbaer

LMC seat belts

I am new to the forum and needs lots of advice.Iv'e bought a 1971 k10 for my sons first truck. I ordered three point seat belts from LMC but can't figure out where the third point attaches. Fixed buckle to the gas tank area, ratchet by the door post, third point? An y help would be greatly appreciated. I,ll post a photo as soon as possible.
dbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
71swb4x4

Re: LMC seat belts

There is a plastic plug up above between the rear window and the door. Take the plug out and bolt the seatbelt in.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
planewhisperer
U.S. Army Green Beret Sniper

If you look at the area forward of the back glass and rear of the door post, about eye level as you are sitting in the seat on driver or passenger side. Should be a round plug located where most cars have hagar tabs to hang clothes. My son and I are building his first truck which is a 72 chevy c10. It has the tabs which I mentioned above. As far as the location, I was going to install the same belts in his truck, but I was affraid the metal of the shoulder attatchement point would come loose if you did have a wreck. Good luck. Post some pics of your sons truck. This is a pics of my sons which we have done everything ourselves.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
dbaer

iv'e got the upper anchor. thats no problem, but the two lower ones(minus the female near the fuel tank)are the issue. There is one stock point? but two retro anchor points? There is a link on the web but it has an angle bracket that came with that specific aftermarket kit.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
71swb4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by planewhisperer View Post
As far as the location, I was going to install the same belts in his truck, but I was affraid the metal of the shoulder attatchement point would come loose if you did have a wreck.
The threaded nut behind the plastic plug is there for shoulder belts so you should have no worries about it coming loose in an accident.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
dbaer

Sorry, it's not the upper anchor that confuses me. The rarchet assembly bolts to th eold floor point, threads through the upper door post, to the buckle and back to .....? Name:  my truck.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  40.2 KB
Old 02-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
dbaer

Any advice? Anyone?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
kcsa75

When I bought my seat belts I bought additional installation hardware. The angle bracket you refer to bolts to the floor along with the non-retractor end of the seat belt. The retractor then bolts to the upright portion of the angle bracket. The loop then bolts to the hole on the post between the door and back window.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #9
dbaer

thanks, any idea where I can get the bracket? I don't remember LMC selling it.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:18 PM   #10
kcsa75

I bought my from Seat Belt Pros. I believe they are the same belts that LMC carries, but these guys are the manufacturer in Oklahoma City. What I bought was an installation kit. It included the brackets and new bolts. If memory serves me right, it was less than 10 bucks.

Somewhere there is a thread with a real clear photo of how everything bolts up. I've been looking but haven't found it yet. If I do, post it.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote