The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #1
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Arrow haven't posted on here in a while , guess I might work on the 67 in 2011

I haven't been on here in a while and had not even looked at my 1967 C10 in a long time , my wife of 23 year's decided since I had taken care of her all those year's that she would repay me by putting me in bankruptcy (AGAIN) and running around with as many guy's as she could before she left , oh well I have my kid's and my old chevy's ! so let's see now about the 67 ,,,,

I got the ole truck out and tuned it up good last few day's it look's the same now as it did in this pic (WIFE TOOK ALL MY CAMERA'S CAN'T TAKE ANY FRESH PIC'S RIGHT NOW) I think I will try and get the wood bed for the truck this spring I have been wanting the oak bed kit for a long time ,,,

will try to post more ,,,,,,,,,

got to go buy a new camera ,,,,

19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
OARNGESI

Re: haven't posted on here in a while , guess I might work on the 67 in 2011

That sure is a clean truck welcome back
Posted via Mobile Device
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

I noticed you hadn't poked your head in here for a while. Sorry to hear about your wife problems. Sound so much like what I've gone through. Even the camera. The first time she came back from Florida was Christmas. She got my son to go to her family and wanted to take the camera. It wouldn't work for her so she said she'd have it fixed. After a while I asked if the camera was fixed yet. She said it was just dirty but she thought she should have it now. She had put me in a position where I needed to start selling my trucks and parts,which I told her was very hard to do w/o a digital camera. "You can get a throw away camera and have Walmart put them on a disc". That's really convenient and what about the "could I get a better picture of the underside?",etc. I finally got together enough to go to Target because I got the word the one I wanted was on sale. I go to pay and they hit me up with the "Would you like to apply for a card and get 15% off?" So,no money needed after scraping to get one. They sure have odd ways of showing appreciation for what a man does to support and raise a family,huh?
Like me,I think you'll find you're better off now. I hope it's not too hard on the kids.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Arrow Re: haven't posted on here in a while , guess I might work on the 67 in 2011

thank's for the word's of encouragement K , my kid's are with me
my son said he wish's I could find a good ole gal that could cook good
anyway I am going to try and work on the 67 this year and get a few thing's done to it , the wood bed will be first , maybe some interior work too ,,,,

Last edited by 19673ontree; 02-06-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #5
NGN

Sorry to hear all that, really feel for you. Well as you seem to already know keep your head up. Since you seem to already be the supporter I'm hoping that means you got a roof over your head for you and the kids to make things that much easier to move on. Have fun with the kids and that 67 truck.
NGN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

OHHH YEA I ALMOST FORGOT !!!!!!!!
this is funny , my son is 17 and will get his license in a few month's , he has his learner's permit right now and he has been driving the 67 around town with me ,,, the funny part is how he keep's hanging up my three on the tree shifter , HE ABOUT PULL'S HIS HAIR OUT !! and he watch's me drive it and shift with no trouble ,, FUN FUN FUN !
Old 02-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

My wife of 23yrs passed on the 28th Dec so like you im alone with kids, not sure why im tellin you this bro, just reading your post made think to myself of our similar situation, then asking myself a familiar question....what I would prefer?...her making me hate her and leaving me for another, or loving her and her being taken from me. We were dealt a bad hand mate.

I remember your name now I see it and your sweet 67....glad your feeling inspired again.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Nice to see you back! I guess I should consider myself lucky since my family is stable. Enough about me. I used to get my pop's 3 speed hung up too. I'd pull over, open the hood and jiggle the shift arm and off I'd go. I thought I was cool since I could "work" on the '66!
Posted via Mobile Device

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote