The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
CuStO67

Re: Newbie needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
It sounds like the body says change things, but the guy who has built 20 of these is saying to keep the engine/trans combo. My opinion is listen to the guy who has built 20 of these. 3:08 gears with a 327/glide should be a good useable set up for all around i think. If you are going drag racing or lots of highway miles things may be different.
Well they are both equally talented and have both built many a numerous show quality trucks and drag cars and such. So it just makes me wonder why they would both say different things. Is it just preference or will taking the 327/glide setup i have now and changing it to say a 327/700r4 or th350 how will it affect it?

My dad lives close to 2 and a half hours from me and he loves to drive down all the time just for ****s and giggles. So i know that he will be spending sometime on the highway and i want it to be a safe and reliable ride for him. once again he has no clue what im doing to his truck just that he will get a complete finished truck in the end.
I really need to pull the diff cover and see what gears im workin with! I think thats my next step right now. I'll keep yall posted