The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
tech@scottshotrods

Re: cpp frustrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets View Post
If it is warehouse help they need, that would be relatively cheap. If it is manufacturing, that is a whole 'nother ball game. Everything from not enough equipment (casting, cnc, bending, etc) to not enough welders/fabricators/etc.
Good help is hard to find in times before and in times now, as well is good help isn't cheap. CPP in a whole has a good thing going but it seems they are going through those awkward teen years where you intend to do the right thing but but havent aquired the natural relfexes yet to run smoothly which is common with every new growing business. I agree a 14 day lead time before shipping is excessive, it may have been a new employee, an employee that was mis informed, a mis comunication between retailer and consumer there's always 3 sides so I tend to be as un bias as possible in these situations... All I know is Jeff and crew are good people I'm sure once they work out there inventory, accounting system what ever the case may be which good inventory/ accounting software is not cheap 50-100k for some that may not know it's not always affordable at that immediate time fore a company to invest especially in times like these where every free dollar is one you want to keep... These are all things to keep in mind, mind you not every one is out there to yank that washington out of your hand , so keep an open mind and an open line of communication this goes for both parties...
I know when ever I purchase something I make darn sure that it can and will ship with in the time frame given if it's not I will look else were this should be the consumers responsibility, if it can't ship in a timely maner look some where else and just chalk the experiance up with hey I'll check next time and move on. I can't tell you how many times while working at air ride customers would call screaming yealling only to realize we weren't the company they order through or even the brand.. All I am stating is we as people tend to jump gun first think later, I am not judging since I am the prime example I always speak first insert foot in mouth later ( I'm working on that)..
tech@scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
pockets

50-100k huh? hmm... i'll build you one in exchange for your red shop truck

I can built complete ecommerce sites, completely custom, with inventory control for far, far, far less.

you make a good point about the rep. It is one thing if you have a good relationship with a given rep, another if only one or two can get anything done or expedite something. And yes, good help is certainly hard to find

Last edited by pockets; 03-10-2011 at 05:47 PM.
pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
tech@scottshotrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets View Post
50-100k huh? hmm... i'll build you one in exchange for your red shop truck

I can built complete ecommerce sites, completely custom, with inventory control for far, far, far less.

you make a good point about the rep. It is one thing if you have a good relationship with a given rep, another if only one or two can get anything done or expedite something. And yes, good help is certainly hard to find
we sold that truck long ago for far more and even then it was still at a loss I will keep you in mind though when convercing with others on building the sites.
tech@scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
pockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@scottshotrods View Post
we sold that truck long ago for far more and even then it was still at a loss I will keep you in mind though when convercing with others on building the sites.
I'm not surprised. that was quite a build. Appreciate it
Old 03-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@scottshotrods View Post
I know when ever I purchase something I make darn sure that it can and will ship with in the time frame given if it's not I will look else were this should be the consumers responsibility, if it can't ship in a timely maner look some where else and just chalk the experiance up with hey I'll check next time and move on.
that probably why you work where you do goo managment hires good people
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote