The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
1tonchevy
C35 Crew Dually

rainny day rant.

So i have been looking for some time for a junk yard with a burban,dually or CC and never seem to have any luck. well i finaly found one and was all ready (took my van back seat out,packed tools bed early everything) to wake up and it's pouring rain! so it's going to have to wait

just thought i would sare.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414892
1tonchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

Re: rainny day rant.

I was excited about going to the LKQ Self Serve lot today as well. It stormed the last 2 days, so I knew it would be a muddy mess, but they had a fresh 79 K5 in stock that I was eager to pick over. Got there, paid my $2 and the $2 for a pal I brought with me, only to find a real turd of a K5 with none of the parts I needed/wanted. Honestly, will be the last time I go to a self serve lot. All the vehicles are trashed, no one cares about how they take something off or what they break doing it, it's just really a big waste of time.

Then to top it off, I go back to my shop and try to work some on my old K5. I have the front of the shop locked up, office is dark, my truck parked at the side, pretty obvious we're closed. I left the side door open though, accidentally. Had a person with the balls to walk in it, while I'm under the K5, yells "anyone here, hello, I need an estimate". I guess the M-F 7-5 on the door, the door being locked, the office dark... just means "go around back and rattle the doors, they are probably really open". Then they had the nerve to say I was rude when I told them they'd have to come back.
I locked the door, but heard it rattle two more times during a 2 hour period. Then I had to open the overhead door because it was getting warm in the shop. After having another person walk in, I just locked up and left.

Sorry, but I had to rant as well just a little.
When the going gets tough, switch to power tools.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
1tonchevy
C35 Crew Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
I was excited about going to the LKQ Self Serve lot today as well. It stormed the last 2 days, so I knew it would be a muddy mess, but they had a fresh 79 K5 in stock that I was eager to pick over. Got there, paid my $2 and the $2 for a pal I brought with me, only to find a real turd of a K5 with none of the parts I needed/wanted. Honestly, will be the last time I go to a self serve lot. All the vehicles are trashed, no one cares about how they take something off or what they break doing it, it's just really a big waste of time.

Then to top it off, I go back to my shop and try to work some on my old K5. I have the front of the shop locked up, office is dark, my truck parked at the side, pretty obvious we're closed. I left the side door open though, accidentally. Had a person with the balls to walk in it, while I'm under the K5, yells "anyone here, hello, I need an estimate". I guess the M-F 7-5 on the door, the door being locked, the office dark... just means "go around back and rattle the doors, they are probably really open". Then they had the nerve to say I was rude when I told them they'd have to come back.
I locked the door, but heard it rattle two more times during a 2 hour period. Then I had to open the overhead door because it was getting warm in the shop. After having another person walk in, I just locked up and left.

Sorry, but I had to rant as well just a little.

Yeah sounds like you had a bad day too.lol when i was still working at the shop ppl would always do that if i stayed late or worked sunday on my stuff. it's like if i'm there i have to help them or serve them in their eyes. that sucks about the k5 but your right ppl at the u pick are retards! i need door glass so lets rip this mint black door panels off or lets break the glass so this nice seat and carpet get ruined. but i'm really hoping when i go he has decent stuff. need some stuff bad sick of the rig looking like crap.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
babyJay
Arrived on a Pale Horse

Can't work on anything because my stepson has trashed the garage with all his crap working on his motorcycle......
babyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
lilpoindexter

It's in the 80's here today...It was a little warm to Work on my truck, so I bought a bunch of 70's Car Craft and Hot Rod Magazines from the Friends of Pico Rivera Book Sale, and just sat in the shade, drank beer, read magazines and cruise teh internets.

Last edited by lilpoindexter; 04-16-2011 at 06:33 PM.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
1tonchevy
C35 Crew Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpoindexter View Post
It's in the 80's here today...It was a little warm to Work on my truck, so I bought a bunch of 70's Car Craft and Hot Rod Magazines from the Friends of Pico Rivera Book Sale, and just sat in the shade, drank beer, read magazines and cruise teh internets.
Now that sounds like a good day!