The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #26
67chevy1series

Re: The toy is going to get a promotion to……….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyuke View Post
And they can be again. Mine, with new suspension, interior and redone engine can make it feel almost like it was when it was new. I've driven my 70 every day for the last four years despite the fact that I also have a newer model F150 that just sits in the driveway. I only get into the F150 just to feel what a tight, quiet, rattle free truck should sound like then I work hard to make my C10 the same way.
exactly i would trust these after a restoration done by meor a close family member or friend more than a factory 2010
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #27
sameyrasmea72

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusWagonJim View Post
Did that Longhorn come from the factory with the tilt or was it added? I'm trying to confirm what someone said yesterday that tilt trucks came with a black wheel, column and dash pad. Love the saddle bucket seat interior!
It is factory and all tilts and wheel were black. As far as the dash pad, the were color coded. Except for a parchment (WHITE) interior. Then I have seen mostly black pads when the truck has a tilt instead of a sandlewood pad like most parchment interiors had.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #28
CircusWagonJim

AWESOME! That's the answer I was looking for!
CircusWagonJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #29
chevelle
instagram "footbraker67"

I have been driving my 67' daily for about 10 years now, drove it all through school and now to work and back. It has gone from a 327, powerglide, 4wheel drum brake, stock suspension, glass pack havin, exhaust leak gettin, high school parking lot cruising machine. to a TBI injected, 700r4, vintage air, rides like a dream thanks to early classic, highway cruisin daily driver and i have loved every minute of it. Recently my dad has bought a different truck to drive to work so he says i can drive his 91' s10 extended cab gutless little 4.3, 5 speed because it gets good gas mileage (2 mpg better than my 67', not worth it) so ive been driving it for about three weeks now and let me just say it is nice to have the intermitent wipers and there is a little less road/wind noise and im not as worried if somebody was to t-bone me at an intersection BUT! I find myself feeling sorry for my old truck and driving it on fridays and on the weekends just so IT doesnt feel left out, HA! Needless to say there is soon to be an S10 for sale and ill be back driving my good ole friend mister 67' every day because after all thats what i built her to do and my life just wouldnt be the same if i didnt wake up every morning and drive to work and have to reach over and tap my vent window shut. sorry for the rant
1968 lwb parts truck
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #30
sameyrasmea72

Well, that lasted 3 months to the day. So I bought back my 1997 Tahoe that I sold when I bought the 2008. It is not near as nice as the new truck but it sure is cheaper and I don’t have to worry about trying to keep it looking “like new”.

You might have guessed by now, but I like RED.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #31
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Quote:
Did that Longhorn come from the factory with the tilt or was it added? I'm trying to confirm what someone said yesterday that tilt trucks came with a black wheel, column and dash pad. Love the saddle bucket seat interior!
All tilts were black with black steering wheels. The dash wasn't black as part of the package.. WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote