The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
darkone

How to get matching hues on 2 tone green?

hey all, im doing a 2 tone green split by a pin stripe. I want to have ratios of greens to yellows in my darker color comparable to that in my lighter color, but it must be much much darker. how does one go about doing this? I cannot find a green that blends well with my green I have chosen
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
Musclerodz

Re: How to get matching hues on 2 tone green?

what is your lighter green? Couple ways to go about it. You could add black, but you need to be careful on what other colors are in the green to make sure the black does not change the color as it goes darker. Another way to to use the green as a candy and base the truck in a white or silver against black to give your tone differences.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:06 AM   #3
darkone

my light green is called vermeer green, or medium sage green, either of the 2, both very similar. thats the ppg color. its a metallic base
Old 04-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
hugger6933

Have you looked a hunter green or a darker one emerald green. Both were GM colors of the late 80's early 90's. That may not be any help but I have noticed in the p&b that you are struggling with these colors . You must be getting up agianst a time crunch and I thought it might help. PPG has a machine called a prophet and it take a digital reading of a color sample and converts it to a mixing formula. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
hugger6933

Oh, and good luck it is gonna be very sharp! Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
darkone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
Have you looked a hunter green or a darker one emerald green. Both were GM colors of the late 80's early 90's. That may not be any help but I have noticed in the p&b that you are struggling with these colors . You must be getting up agianst a time crunch and I thought it might help. PPG has a machine called a prophet and it take a digital reading of a color sample and converts it to a mixing formula. Jim
indeed jim, i have looked at both hunter, and emerald. the hues are not the same, they either have too much green, or too much blue. and yes, im on a bit of a time crunch, paint is due today. the local ppg shop said they need an actual paint sample of painter vehicle to use a color match machine =(