The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-25-2003, 03:11 PM   #1
mhorning

Question for someone with 86k10

Hey guys, I wonder if someone can help me out here. I have an 86 Silverado with the quadrajet m4ed carb on it. I think the guy who ownded it before me has screwed up the wiring. Could someone take a pick of the carb and send it to me or post it? Specifically i need to see where the wires go from the dual capacity pump. I think they go to the temp sensor. Also, where does the wire come from for the idle stop solenoid on the other side of the carb? I'm looking at the wiring diagram, and it doesn't look like what I see on the engine. Any help you guys can give would be great. By the way, it should look the same on the 305.Thanks.
mhorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 05:18 PM   #2
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Does this help? It is an old pic. I can't take another because it is disassembled.

If it is not what you are looking for, let me know. I have a couple of others...

Slonaker
Attached Images

Last edited by Slonaker; 07-25-2003 at 05:20 PM.
Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 11:36 PM   #3
mhorning

any other pic

Thanks for the pic. I've reattached your image with two other connections I'm wondering about. The temp switch? Does the wifer for that come from that connector you previously circled? Secondly, the solenoid on the drivers side of the carb. Where does that wire come from. I can't tell from the wiring diagram. Thanks for the help.

Mike
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2003, 11:38 PM   #4
mhorning

oops

I meant "wire" in the previous post, not wifer.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:29 AM   #5
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

You had me scratching my head over that "wifer" thing.

It is a short harness that goes from the switch on the thermostat housing, then to the thing I circled on the carb, then somewhere else. From looking at the other photos I have, it appears that it goes to the connector on the left, circled in red. In green I have traced the route of the tan wire that I believe it hooks to. I am not sure of this, though.

Regarding the solenoid, I think it hooks to a wire that comes from a harness that follows the driver's side valve cover. Again, I can't be sure. I drew in a line to show you where I believe that wire goes.

I'll be out of town tomorrow, but if you still need more help, send me an email. I can upload all of the pics to my website in high-res versions that might help more. I can also go out to the truck and see what I can figure out from the parts that are laying around the engine compartment.

It is all disassembled right now. I took the pics in case I needed them to put it all back together. It is taking much longer than I planned, so I am glad I took all the photos.

BTW, mine is a 2wd pickup with a 305, but it is probably all the same.

Slonaker
Attached Images

Last edited by Slonaker; 07-26-2003 at 01:33 AM.
Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 07:39 PM   #6
mhorning

Thanks

Thanks for the pic. It verifed what I supsected. The wires weren't connected to the rights things.
Mike