The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
Gianyveedub

Gas pedal question

Hey everyone, my question is that I have a 1963 Chevy c10 and I am missing he gas pedal. I looked at my dad's 64 and it looks like it attaches differently. I received my reproduction one for 60-63 trucks and I am wondering how it attaches. I know it is going to have to bolt to the floor, but are the bolt supposed to be bolted snugly to the floor? The pedal does not look like it bends at all. Any help is great, thanks.
Gianyveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Gas pedal question

Yes the pedal attaches to the floor with two 1/4” screws or bolts. The pedal is made of rubber with a steel core, and the rubber should be flexible enough to bend near the floor. The later 64-66 model is made of plastic, and attaches to two balls studs screwed to the floor. Unfortunately the hole spacing is different between the designs, so if the later studs are mounted in the earlier floor they won’t line up with the later pedal.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote