The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
cayoterun

Interesting '47 Chevy 1-ton. Steel pu bed

I found a early '47 Chevy 1-ton dually with a factory steel pu bed.
What I know for sure:

The truck was bought new by a farmer not far from here, so know it's ownership since.
It has a steel factory bed on it. The bed is 9' long and 53" wide inside. It has insets in the bed for the dual wheels. The bed is like the pickup beds, but bigger.
I have the title and it's titled as '47, but has '46 sheetmetal.
The data plate has been removed, but I might find it in with the boxes of parts.
I made a short search for one like it, and only found one, but it had single wheels.
The truck was bought by a local family from original owners estate and they intended to restore it. Completly disassembled it in a million pieces, then lost interest. I bought it and got it home yesterday to cut the bed down to use on the truck I'm working on. After looking at it, I decided it was maybe a low production truck, and maybe I shouldn't cut it up as it might be a collectable????
I'll post some pics after I have a chance to sort it out a little, and can get a better idea of it.
Can any of you give me more info, or where to look. I don't intend to do any cutting on the parts 'til I learn more. It might be worth restoring.
The cab has bad rust out over the windshield on the inside, but that seems to be the worst part that I have seen.
Any help or advice would sure help. Will post more when I learn more
Thanks,
Cayoterun

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by cayoterun; 07-05-2011 at 03:06 PM.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote