The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
eyebuzz
Licensed driver

Re: AC Oil Leak and Coolant

Thanks for all the advice - quick recap - so I went ahead and replaced the heater core - when opening the box up it was really hard to tell why the refrigerant oil would be leaking inside - the AC box (from the inside) on the engine side dips down below the fire wall opening - way down, and it was NOT full of oil - the only thing I can think is it was squirting out through the fire wall opening under pressure. Since the AC wasn't working before I'm just leaving that job for a later day.

As a side note for those looking to replace your heater core - go for it - pretty easy job - time more than skill. One thing is I needed to replace the gasket between the heater box and the fire wall - can be ordered from the usual sources. I also replace the S shaped heat pipe below the dash and bought some new ducts for defrost (didn't have them before) - took the radio out while I was there - but never got around to testing it - just put it back in. Best, TT
eyebuzz is offline   Reply With Quote