The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
The_BullDog

dodge buddy buckets

got these dodge buddy buckets and i need a bracket to put them in my truck. any ideas? picked the seats up for 227 plus 60 bucks for shipping.
Attached Images

The_BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
68 IRON

Re: dodge buddy buckets

To bring back a dead post, does anyone have the answer? I just picked up a set of these in the hopes I might be able to install them. The pic is exactly what I have (same damage to drivers seat). Frame is the same (over hang seat mounts on ends with the weird notch on the closest bracket). I would hope someone has done this and recorded it with pics and commentary. In my opinion, they look slightly better than the stock (please GM gods don't strike me down). I guess these even have the GM foam. If anybody has info about fitting, modifying or even what year they came out of would be great. The seats I got came out of a 62 GMC, so techniquely I didn't fail. I saw somewhere brackets will be needed or find a frame and bolt them in. Well anyway if someone out there can show a detailed install for model frame I would be grateful!
68 IRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
76stepsidechevy

Re: dodge buddy buckets

Those look sweet. Id have to say those riser/brackets will have to get cut off and gm sliders welded or bolted to that frame. That much height in a 73-87 would put your head into the roof.
76stepsidechevy is offline   Reply With Quote