The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #26
tonythezeek

Re: Airbag level gauge idea

really quick update: half of the stuff I ordered came so now I am playing with it and trying to get it set up correctly. I am missing the servos and still need to order a used attitude gauge but what I have now is pretty cool.

The coolest part by far is the Ultrasonic Range Finder as it uses the same principle as sonar. I'm getting a kick out of pointing the little sensor at things and reading out how far they are. ...and it looks kinda like Wall-e's head.
tonythezeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #27
tonythezeek

its been a while but there is a bit of progress... not much, but things are literally moving. All the initial parts came in and I have been tinkering around with them and I must say, I'm excited.

I was able to use pretty much the same thing you would find inside a Wii remote to sense the left/right and front/back movement. And I am using the sonar thing to tell distance. Its really cool, I have everything hooked up to some servos on my desk and may post a video (although personally speaking, it kinda looks like a mini bomb).

The next step is to see if i can take what i have so far and either "hack" a gauge or open it up and replace the internals with the parts I'm using now.
tonythezeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #28
jimmydean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythezeek View Post
I think the thread may have gotten lost focusing on system control vs indicator. Not really looking to "adjust" the pressure of the system at this point, looking to display where/how the truck is sitting (height, pitch and roll i guess).

It may have been my fault because the thread's title might be a bit misleading but what I was going after is putting this (or something like it)

in a 62 truck.

The overall theme I'm trying to accomplish is a World War II fighter plane or bomber interior complete with functional gauges kinda like what is here:

but these are for the basic controls (oil, water, volts, speed, ect..). There isnt really anything out there for airbags that I thought kept the theme that I was going for... except for looking at the real gauges from a plane and using them instead.
That looks great and I love the idea of the level. Even if you have a system in place or you adjust by hand, I think the level would go with the theme and looks sweet.
Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote