The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Anyone ever trade a truck for a truck straight up here?

Curious if any board members ever traded straight up one running truck for another and how did it work out? Hard feelings or anything after?

I have a friend that has a pretty decent C10 burb, but in my mind not worth what my truck is (not a board member) and when I told him I was considering selling my K20 he said how bout a straight up trade? If his burb was nicer I would consider it, maybe lol.

Im still trying to decide what Im going to do with my K20, keep, sell, or possibly trade. I drove it today for the first time in a while and it was sure nice to have (yeah Im a waffler lol).

If I had the extra bucks I would buy back my old K10 from oldiron and just sell the rest of my stuff ... (more what if waffling lol)

Last edited by CG; 11-19-2011 at 05:36 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Anyone ever trade a truck for a truck straight up here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Curious if any board members ever traded straight up one running truck for another and how did it work out? Hard feelings or anything after?

I have a friend that has a pretty decent C10 burb, but in my mind not worth what my truck is (not a board member) and when I told him I was considering selling my K20 he said how bout a straight up trade? If his burb was nicer I would consider it, maybe lol.

Im still trying to decide what Im going to do with my K20, keep, sell, or possibly trade. I drove it today for the first time in a while and it was sure nice to have (yeah Im a waffler lol).

If I had the extra bucks I would buy back my old K10 from oldiron and just sell the rest of my stuff ... (more what if waffling lol)
Not the 67-72 series, but board member Jonboy & I swapped trucks last year. He wanted my 74swb & I liked the idea of the larger CC for pulling my trailer. No hard feelings between us (that I acknowledge ). I do miss the 74 prob more than he misses the dually since I owned it for over 8yrs to his <1.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Not the 67-72 series, but board member Jonboy & I swapped trucks last year. He wanted my 74swb & I liked the idea of the larger CC for pulling my trailer. No hard feelings between us (that I acknowledge ). I do miss the 74 prob more than he misses the dually since I owned it for over 8yrs to his <1.
How did you make the deal in the first place? Did you both have the trucks listed for sale here?
Old 11-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
How did you make the deal in the first place? Did you both have the trucks listed for sale here?
We lowered another truck of Jonboys @ my house & some of the discussions centered around 'what would we build if we could build'. We both talked about the desire for a CC short fleet. He wound up selling that particular truck & found a clean CC dually w/the intent on making a CCSWB 1/2 ton.

He then reconsidered such a monumental build due to the investment of time/energy for swapping all the suspension over to 1/2 ton, cutting the frame, swapping to the short fleet, etc.... He called to let me know he was going to sell in case I was interested since he knew I wanted a square body CC. I did want a CC, I didn't want/need a 1-ton dually & wasn't interested in buying anything.

He called back a little later & offered a key for key swap. I didn't think it would happen but though WTH, might as well check out the dually. It was clean enough & I wouldn't be out any coin so I decided 'why not'.

I did good leaving the dually 'mostly' alone & was focused on getting my 64 Recycle project completed. Then the motor took a poop in July & it happened.... it became yet another project . I'm pretty sure Jonboy is happy w/his end of the swap (I know his daughter is).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
white 67

I just traded my daily driver 94 ranger for a 67 long bed last week. Im still happy with the trade. My ranger was in much better condition as far a being driveable but with 282K miles it didnt really have much value. I have been working on the 67 since it got here and it should be on the road soon.

Last edited by white 67; 11-19-2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: spelling
white 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #6
meter swinger

I have not done it but i would. I have been considering getting rid of my 59 fleetside and finding a 67 fleet, i like my 59 and will miss it, but id rather build a 67 so i guess i gotta quit waffling like CG says.
Posted via Mobile Device
meter swinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #7
big_al_71

Member raull and I swapped my 95 chevy1500 xcab for his 91 corvette convertible back in 96 no regrets from either one of us the best part was leaving two nice stripes out of his neighborhood. The vette had 7k miles and it was his toy my truck was my daily driver and he wanted it and I wanted another sports car.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #8
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Me and a different buddy had a straight up trade worked out, my K20 for his 62 Ford half ton. His had a 350/350 combo and a Volare front suspension graft. Unfortunately his sons put up such a fuss he backed out. He had the truck for probably 15 years and his sons are 13 and 22, so it had always been a part of their lives.

This person is one of the two close friends Ive had since Jr high days. So that trade would have been more like a trade with a brother. A little different from making a trade with someone you know through a truck forum =)
Old 11-20-2011, 12:51 AM   #9
70cst

Interesting thread

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote