The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2003, 07:18 PM   #1
junkyardpartseeker

Received a pkg via UPS today

I received a package today, which surprised me. I wasn't expecting any and I know I didn't order anything. I went thru my back delivery confirmations and found out that Gchemist sent it to me. He didn't tell me and he didn't ask for anything in return. He must have read or heard that I was getting messed over by some members who I would get parts for and then they didn't pay for them and got them somewhere else. Thank you Gchemist for what you did. I do know that there are some GREAT members on this board.

I was about to call everything quits. I stayed off for a bit, and even cleared out my profile so I wouldn't be contacted by anyone. I was afraid of this sort of thing to keep happening to me. I don't ask for anything extra, I only charge what the salvage charges me and estimate the shipping as close as I can. I don't charge for my gas in my suburban, which drinks it like it's going out of style, or even my time and sweat out there. I do it because I want to.

For those who wrote me and helped me out during my down time, thank you for supporting me. I know I can trust most on this board.

Thank you all again.

BTW, I'M BACK ON THE HUNT MODE AGAIN

Tommy

Last edited by junkyardpartseeker; 08-25-2003 at 07:44 PM.
junkyardpartseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 07:26 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

tommy just goes to show for every bad apple who shows himself on this board there are five good people. once again thank you for all you do for us truck nuts!!!! ( this bud's for you!!!!!!)

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:31 PM   #3
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Tommy,

why not tell us who the ones are who slammed you for doing a great service for everyone? I think it sucks pretty bad when d*ckh**ds feel a need to bad mouth someone or screw them over who is only trying to be nice and help fellow truck enthusiasts. These are the type of people who don't trust anyone. They are also the ones who I don't trust and would like to know who they are so I never offer to send them a part and not get paid for it.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:39 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Quote:
Originally posted by swervin ervin
Tommy,

why not tell us who the ones are who slammed you for doing a great service for everyone? ..........They are also the ones who I don't trust and would like to know who they are so I never offer to send them a part and not get paid for it.
See thats just part of it Swervin tommy is such a gentleman that he wont tell anyone who did him wrong and to me while id love to know myself it just goes to prove what a class act that tommy is

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 08-25-2003, 09:48 PM   #5
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Bob,

I wouldn't tell either and never really expected Tommy to. Just tryin to make a point hoping the ones who know who they are see what I said. I doubt they will care if they do see it.

What goes around comes around, you know?

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:03 PM   #6
mike reeh
5 day ban, learn to behave.

to hell with class. post their name and address and if they're within 50 miles Ill personally drive to their house and steal/break/burn/beat your $ out of them and then some. a thief is a thief and if you steal from me you better have a clean getaway.

mike
mike reeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:39 PM   #7
78SilveradoSWB

Tommy is a outstanding individual who wants to help those in need in finding parts for their respective Chevy/GMC truck projects. From this I gather helps him feel needed and is like medicine for his disability by keeping him busy while he is not working at his regular occupation. It gives him a daily mission, so he can focus on that, than his current disabilty situation.

Correct me if I am wrong but from his past post, he explained that it was not people shafting him on deals, but it was his frustration when he used some choice words with a member which he stated, he should have not done. He said he felt bad about what he did and thought he should take a short time out.

Glad he is back!

1978 Chevrolet Silverado C 10
454 BB, TH400
78SilveradoSWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:48 PM   #8
RiverCityChevy
You want it when???

Location: I live in memphis,tenn. been here for almost 30 years.
Thumbs up welcome back Tommy

Glad to see you back Tommy, its good to kinow you are here...I am gonna part the truck out. ^5 man....Jim
RiverCityChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:48 PM   #9
junkyardpartseeker

members name

There are only 2 ppl who know who they were. Myself, and Josh. And I made a promise when I joined this board, I would not flame others. I have seen lots of flaming on the boards my wife visits. She hangs out on the hot wheels boards. Not sure of their names. I have been talking via messenger and emails to a few members here who I trust as if they were my brothers. But, even though they know the situation, I can't even tell them. It is all behind me, and I have asked Josh not to ban those ppl from the board. He is one of the administrators, and I know he will keep an eye on them for us. I have really appreciated all the support I have gotten from each of you and feel as if I have known you all as I know my own family. You can tell a lot about ppl by what they post here, and I have seen a lot of helping going on. If someone asks a question on something they don't understand, you don't make fun of that person for not knowing or put on smart remarks, you try to explain it the best you can, and stay on it, until the help is no longer needed. This I think is great. I know I have asked questions many times repeatidly, and no one put me down for not understanding. They tried to make it as simple as possible for me to understand. This I appreciate. I have a mental disability, and can't comprehend certain terms and the way things work. So if I am asking you to describe a part in the easiest way you can, and tell me where to look, that is the reason. If I am not sure if this is the part you need, I wil take pics of it and wait for you to tell me that yes that is the correct one.

Sorry about the long reads. I have a habit of doing that sometimes.

Tommy
Old 08-25-2003, 11:07 PM   #10
kballan

Welcome back Tommy! You're a helluva guy!

ANY MAN CAN BUILD A TRUCK, BUT IT TAKES A REAL MAN TO CUT ONE UP!
kballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 11:57 PM   #11
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Tommy,
No need for thanks. Just happy to get you back hunting for parts. If you have any questions on the parts just let me know. Just call it "Paying it forward". You found me parts that I just could not find locally which I really do need.
Keep up the spirit.

As for those deadbeats. I'm sure they'll get it sooner or later.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:08 AM   #12
junkyardpartseeker

Gchemist

One question, what are the brackets and where do they go. also, what is the gear looking thing in the ac delco box.

Thanks

Tommy
Old 08-26-2003, 01:42 AM   #13
Prerunner1982

welcome back tommy, glad you didnt stay gone long... you havent been around all that long but have certainly become a main part of this board....
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 02:40 AM   #14
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

This picture should help. Its a gear adaptor for a 350th, 400TH or a 700R4. There are two from GM. Depending on the gear the housing will use only one set of gears. 39 tooth and below or 40 tooth and higher gears. More infomation at this web site. Since I changed out my the speedo gears I also had to change the housing to accomodate the new gear. Advertise it as a gear change aluminum housing for either of the three trannys.
The large bracket with the bolts and small long brackets is a near complete set of a serpentine brackets off a 88-89 truck. I think I have some pics a home where everthing goes. If I find them I'll e-mail them to you. This will make it easier for the buyer to find where all the parts go.
The other parts are a hood stiffing setup for 73-80 trucks, chrome door window vents and other misc stuff. Just look in a LMC truck catalogue for fair prices to ask. Enjoy!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 01:49 PM   #15
PHOENIX

I think that if someone on the board receives an item from another member and never pays for it, then it should be told.

If I sold something to someone and they never paid me, you best believe I would post it all. Its doesnt make me a bad person it makes me a better person for warning all of you.
If they rip you off, they will rip us off too.

I would start a thread in the GD in which myself and the other party could state our sides and let the board decide who they will deal with in the future.

I would hate to see one of you guys get ripped off, when it could have been prevented.

Just my thoughts, not trying to start anything.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:08 PM   #16
bagged81
Signals in the bumper.

Damn Tommy, I am sorry to hear about this! Glad to see that you came back!

Tommy =
1936 Ford Pickup - Frame-off in progress link
1979 Chevrolet Camper Special Flatbed link
bagged81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 04:14 PM   #17
junkyardpartseeker

bagged81

Thanks to you and all who helped me thru this.

Right now my mind is elsewhere. All the extra $$ from here on parts and from my selling on ebay, today I found out just "went down the drain". Whatever I had extra, I was giving to my wife's business. She is a flea mkt vendor by trade and does travel to other states. I used it to get her ready for a market that she hasn't been to yet. One in Ripley,MS. We have heard that it was supposed to be good. And there is one in October, in Indiana called "covered bridge". 10 day show for that one.

Well, just got back, the owners called from the storage unit where we have been stacking up her items to go. It got broken into sunday, or yesterday. Lots of items and boxes thrown everywhere and broken. We are not exactly sure what was taken yet. Probably won't know for a day or 2.

So, I might be away for a few days helping with that. I will continue looking after we get this sorted out. Right now, this takes all priority. Her business has been the main income since I first got injured and off work in Nov 01.

Thanks
Tommy
Old 08-26-2003, 04:18 PM   #18
82 Silverado 4X
Genuine Chevrolet

Tommy
It's good to have you back. I myself spent 2 saturdays looking through 4 junkyards for a factory clock for my truck without any luck. All I had to do was ask you once and within two days you had one for me. Thank you.

Don't let the behavior of a couple of rude unappreciative people stop you from doing something that not only helps you but also helps others.
The time you spend hunting down parts is greatly appreciated.
82 Silverado 4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 04:32 PM   #19
junkyardpartseeker

82 Silverado 4X

It easy to find items when you have been unable to work as long as I have and have nothing better to do but go to yards and mostly B.S. with them. Made friends with a few owners and they give me discount rate.

Need anything else, just leave me a email and I will try to get to it after this new situation.

Thanks
Tommy
Old 08-26-2003, 04:42 PM   #20
bagged81
Signals in the bumper.

Man that sucks!

I dont suppose that there was any insurance on the stuff?
1936 Ford Pickup - Frame-off in progress link
1979 Chevrolet Camper Special Flatbed link
bagged81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 04:53 PM   #21
junkyardpartseeker

bagged81

haven't been able to afford insurance. Right now I am fighting the state for disability. And they say my wife is not disabled enough. She has 3 degenerative and 3 herniated discs in her lower back. We have 4 kids here and we get by with what we do. We don't have a lot, but we are happy with what we have. If some of you saw the auction of my battery tray I ran, it was on top of a primer grey hood. That is the color of my suburban right now. can't afford to get it painted, but it helps to stop the rust.

Right now I am just trying to get my mind off what happened, and being on messenger right now with someone is helping a lot.

Thanks for all the concern
Tommy
Old 08-26-2003, 08:31 PM   #22
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Im really sorry tommy theres a special place in hell for people who do that kind of thing. Let me know if theres anything i can do to help

I hate cancer!!
Old 08-26-2003, 08:47 PM   #23
apstguy
LED King

All you have ever been here is nice and courteous and a great person. I don't understand why someone would do that crap. It just isn't right.

BTW: When you feel you need to get busy and start looking again, I have a list. (But don't we all?) I would be more than willing to compensate you for your time as well.

1985 C10 305 w/ Bowtie OD TH700R4 3.42 LSD 202,000 miles
2006 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed Stick
2016 Chevy Spark EV
Gone: 2002.5 VW GTI 24v VR6
Gone: 2008 VW R32
apstguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 01:48 PM   #24
AirMale

Hey JYPS,
I need a thermostat housing with a tempature sending unit built in for a V8 chevy. Do ya think ya can help me out? Let me know if you want a better description.
AirMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 03:37 PM   #25
junkyardpartseeker

AirMale

Email me directly and give me year and tell me a bit about it. I know I have 2 that are plugged on my housing and my sending unit is in the side of the block. Not sure if you are looking for this type.

junkyardpartseeker@sbcglobal.net

Tommy Davis