The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
69burban
Garage Built Rides

How I'm building it....this time

So I screwed up my 69 Suburban build pretty bad. But I'm having another go! Much different approach this time though. Here's a link to my blog on the plan. 65 Longbed
69burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
stealth_weapons

Re: How I'm building it....this time

good luck with the do-over! keep us updated

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438235
stealth_weapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Good for you, getting back on the horse. Most of us that have been around for a while have had at least one failed project. My first car was a 47 Chevy coupe I completely disassembled with big plans. Being 17 at the time with no job, it ultimately went to the junk yard. That was a learning experience.

The truck you've picked looks fantastic. Until experience has been gained I always suggest doing small projects that can be completed over a weekend (or maybe two). It's so much easier to maintain enthusiasm for a truck that can actually move under its own power (which you already know).

That’s also an interesting website. I’ll have to keep an eye on that. Looking forward to your progress updates.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
69burban
Garage Built Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
Good for you, getting back on the horse. Most of us that have been around for a while have had at least one failed project. My first car was a 47 Chevy coupe I completely disassembled with big plans. Being 17 at the time with no job, it ultimately went to the junk yard. That was a learning experience.

The truck you've picked looks fantastic. Until experience has been gained I always suggest doing small projects that can be completed over a weekend (or maybe two). It's so much easier to maintain enthusiasm for a truck that can actually move under its own power (which you already know).

That’s also an interesting website. I’ll have to keep an eye on that. Looking forward to your progress updates.
Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not alone sometimes lol! It's funny to think how long ago that Burban project was, and how many lessons I'm still learning from it. It's on Craigslist here locally for 2500 bucks. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it for sec. Thanks for feedback on the blog too, I try to pepper in as much 60-72 stuff as I can ; )

Last edited by 69burban; 12-25-2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: add on
69burban is offline   Reply With Quote