The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
my70chevyc10

loose noise

I replaced the upper and lower ball joints inter and outer tierod ends and i hear what i think is a loose sounding noise when i hit bumps. I am running 22in rims with 35 series tires and as low as you can go with out lowered spindals. the only thing i didnt replace was the control arm bushings. does anyone know what could be loose? I was thinking inter fenders or core suport.

If for some reason i loose to a import...At least i can go home knowing the vehicle i drive drops girls panties...
my70chevyc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: loose noise

I'll bet money that the caliper is rattling. The bolts that the caliper slides on and the sleeve that it goes thru and the little parts in there all get worn and make noise like crazy going over bumps. That is why they make the caliper hardware kits. The control arm bushings could be worn but it would be driving bad. If it is driving bad check the bushing slack if not, check the calipers
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
chipflyer

Sometimes the shock bushing can be completely wore out at the top or bottom making metal to metal contact, just another thing you might check.

Jeff

1971 Cheyenne Super K10 - tilt, cruise, air, am/fm, tow hooks, factory buckets!
1986 Jeep J10 pickup, - 5.3L Vortec with 4L60e and NP241.
chipflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
snacks

control arm bushings
snacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #5
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by my70chevyc10 View Post
I replaced the upper and lower ball joints inter and outer tierod ends and i hear what i think is a loose sounding noise when i hit bumps. I am running 22in rims with 35 series tires and as low as you can go with out lowered spindals. the only thing i didnt replace was the control arm bushings. does anyone know what could be loose? I was thinking inter fenders or core suport.
As low as you could go, without spindles.....did you remove the bump stops & brackets from the lower A arms? crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:32 AM   #6
my70chevyc10

Truck is 4wheel drum. I just replaced all the shocks. Had the truck aligned when i replaced the parts the truck drives stright as an arrow when you let the wheel go. The only other thing that I notest is when im braking the truck will pull left or right when im going over the stop sign that is painted on the road.

If for some reason i loose to a import...At least i can go home knowing the vehicle i drive drops girls panties...
my70chevyc10 is offline   Reply With Quote