The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
FAT TONY

Interchangeability question?

Alright so while at school taking my TAKS test today i fell asleep and dreamed about my truck, but it had a fleetside bed then i dreamed again and it was a stepside again, so i was just wondering is it possible to interchange the beds on a truck..... like have to beds painted the same and then just change them depending on how im feeling that day, and how hard would it be to swap beds daily/weekly if it were possible? i think it would be pretty cool to have interchangeable beds it would feel like having two separate trucks
FAT TONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Wolfinthesnow
I put the laughter n slaughter

Re: Interchangeability question?

I've also thrown around that same idea, so you're not crazy. The idea I had was instead of bolting and unbolting each time, I thought about using some sort of keyed pin to hold it in place, similar to the pins on a tractors 3-point hitch, only vertical. Always thought it would be cool to drive a stepside to a carshow one weekend, then a fleet side the next. Gotta remember though, beds are large and heavy, and unless you have an abundance of eager friends around, you're going to have to set up some sort of lift to get the beast off your truck. Keeping in mind that you're going to have to store it somewhere too. Cool idea, but a lot of trouble...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
FAT TONY

Re: Interchangeability question?

true, I didn't really get that far into the idea. I guess it will have to wait till I have my own house so I can have a little set up to raise and lower the bed, maybe when I have my own garage I can have some of those electric engine hoist that you attach to the roof and I can lift engines or beds , I have a long bed so yea I bet it is very heavy
FAT TONY is offline   Reply With Quote