The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: If you had the option, which of these grills would you use?
Original 66 painted grill 1 20.00%
64-66 C60 painted grill 2 40.00%
an original aluminum grill that needs to be restored 2 40.00%
the repo aluminum grill that is now available 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #10
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

This pretty much brings me up to date on where I'm at on my build. The best news and the reason I thought I'd get a thread started is I finally got a job. Now I will have money again to put in to Sanity66 and get some much needed parts and supplies. I've got to get some patch panels; primer, paint, and some parts to finish the frame; and get busy. It will soon be warm enough up here to paint and that will help me get going again. The down side is also having a job will mean less time to commit. I'm not in a huge rush, though (too old for that), but will try to make progress and post pics as I do.
the last few pics are of my radiator support which was rotted on the bottom mount area like most are. I had had a hard time locating a good one on my unemployed budget and I've read the nightmare scenarios of the repops so I decided to practice my welding and see if I could repair it. Worst case is I would waste some time, gas, and wire and have to find another support anyway. I'm not done yet but here's the progress. I also picked up a power steering gear and pump so I'll be ordering an adapter plate from Captainfab very soon.
Attached Images

pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote