The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
Matt300ZXT

Found some wheels in my garage

Perhaps if these fit right by giving proper clearance with a tire on them, and not sunk in WAY deep on the fenders or anything, I can get some cheap tires and put on these and mount them on the truck and get rid of at least 1 ugly part of it lol

I got these a few years ago on a trade deal on a car, figured I'd sell em and maybe $50 or something but never got around to advertising them on my local car forum. Then while cleaning out the garage a few months ago I remembered I had these and saw they were 6 bolt wheels and steel, so would have a very thin mounting flange and might work on the truck. I had previously bought some cheap 6 lug aluminum wheels for the truck but noticed they weren't a direct bolt on since the mounting flange was much thicker, being aluminum and the wheels particular offset and all that. Anyways, they bolt right on, lay flat on the hub of the brake drum, and clear the brake drum. The inside lip of the wheel sits closer to the steering components than the stockers, but they also have a fat bulging sidewall that after all is said and done, give very little space between the tire and the steering parts, and that leads me to believe these will have a sunk in look on the fenders, but maybe it'd be something to get me by.

Anyways, onto the pictures...feel free to chime in with opinions or those won't fit worth a damn or whatever you've got. They're 15x7 with a 4.5" backspacing.

Matt300ZXT is offline   Reply With Quote