The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Matt300ZXT

Having a LOT of trouble getting window frame out of door

I've got everything stripped off this door of my 54 (I don't think the doors are 54 though) and the only thing left is the glass. The vent glass and it's frame have been broken loose from the truck and was about to wiggle it out but the end of the frame that goes between it and the main glass is stuck on something inside the door about 1/2 way down. I've felt up in there from the opening at the bottom and it feels like there's a 1/2" bolt holding the frame to a bracket of some sort. I put a socket on it and turn it to break it loose but all is does is twist the frame around and never seems to break loose. It feels like there's a nut on the other end and I've tried to put a wrench on it and hold it while I turn the socket but it doesn't really feel like it ever sets down on it right so I can break it loose.

Is there something I'm missing on how to get that frame loose so I can get the last bits of the glass out and have my door completely stripped?
Matt300ZXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
Matt300ZXT

Re: Having a LOT of trouble getting window frame out of door

Nevermind, just said eff it and REALLY applied some torque to that bolt. I felt inside and it was slowly breaking loose and backing out so I just kept at it. It finally came out and every thread that wasn't rusted was completely stripped so I don't know if it was installed incorrectly and stripped the threads or if I did it, but it came out. The glass frame is fine, but the vent glass itself is kinda busted and cracked so I don't know if I'll even try to restore that or just order another vent glass assembly.
Matt300ZXT is offline   Reply With Quote