The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #51
britnjc

Re: My other project F*rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONHOG View Post
Very cool Stang! Did I spy a 80's Seville in the background?
Yes you did. But its not mine. It was at the body shop that painted the Stang..
britnjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #52
britnjc

Well I have been knocking away at the wiring for the past couple of weeks at night and this past weekend. I have about got the chassis wire ran but not terminated and about have all the motor wires plugged into the motor sensors. Now i just have to route the motor wires so they will be hidden as much as possible. I really am taking my time to get a real clean install. I hope it turns out like I want. It will be better that that factory junk harness that was in it
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #53
Chewievette

Wow, such a beautiful car! My dad had a '69 Mach 1 and I've always wanted one like it. I would definitely be tempted to stuff a 4.6L DOHC in there like you did, those engines are simply amazing. Keep up the good work! If you ever get around to showing it I'll have to come down and see it.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #54
britnjc

the 4.6 swap should be alot easier in a 69 since the bay is a good bit wider. It is a fun motor to drive with. I hope to be carrying it to cruise in's in about a month or so.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #55
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Keep up the good tedious work! It'll definitely pay off in the long run!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #56
britnjc

Just been plugin away at the wiring. I had to pull the intake to get to the knock sensors and while it was pulled I decided to make use of the void under the intake to hide wires going to the front of the motor. I also wrapped them in power braid even though no one would see them, mainly just to keep vibration off the wiring so they wont rub though. I also got my Vintage air box installed under the dash. I can see the end of the wiring soon. Maybe a week or two more and I will be putting the interior back in.
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #57
britnjc

I have started putting the interior back together. I installed three layers or you could say four layers of sound proofing. I got the body undercoated with a line-x bed coating type material. Inside I have the fiber carpet underlayment then a layer of mass loaded vinyl(that stuff is heavy) and then a layer of high density closed cell foam. On top of that I laid the carpet. Hopefully it will be a pleasant sound inside when done. I am not expecting it to be luxury car quiet but should be a lot better than stock. I also installed the driver seat and both seat belt buckles. I have got to get the Computer wired in behind the drivers seat before I install the passenger seat. I am also waiting to get a couple wires ran for the tack and speedometer to the dash before I install the front carpet section. I just needed something to make me feel like I was nearing the end of the wiring, plus I am just burnt out on wiring and needed to work on something else for a while. I am still hoping by the end of this weekend to have the wiring wrapped up. HOPEFULLY
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #58
britnjc

I got the Computer wired up tonight. Still haven't put any juice to it but I sure hope nothing blows when I do. I really don't feel like trouble shooting all those wires. I think it turned out pretty nice. It will be hidden under the rear seat delete but I wanted it to look nice. I also went ahead and ran some speaker wire to the back so I can hook them up without having to pull seats to run wires under the carpet. Next I plan to install the front carpet piece and hook up the AC electrical.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #59
britnjc

got the front carpet installed and hooked the chassis harness up to the battery and no fire!!!!!
Headlight and gauges all work and starter turned over... Was a big relief that everything worked. I still got to hook up the taillights and then tie the motor harness into the battery. I hope it goes as well as the chassis.
Attached Images